How to write UC essays, especially prompt 1 describe leadership experience?

Judy Hopps 1 / -  
I don't know how to write essays for applying UC campuses. I have doubts on how to express your exceptional background concisely
Judy, I hope that you have done some sort of community service over the past years in preparation for your college application essays. The leadership experience essay can only be properly responded to if you have the correct leadership experience to reflect the requirements of the essay. You see, in the leadership experience essay, you are expected to display skills that show how you handle stressful situations, discord among people, and unexpected changes in plans. Kind of like a typical college student life. Think of a time when you found yourself in a leadership position. Maybe during a particularly problematic class project. Can you recall what those circumstances were? Do you remember how you dealt with it? What was the outcome of the situation? These are the questions to consider when responding to this essay. Don't forget to mention the name of the project or organization that you worked with at the time. Displaying your leadership skills will help to prove that you are ready to be a college student at one of the most important universities in the US. So think long and hard about how you plan to highlight those character traits or skills of yours.
Jimmy_young - / 1  
It is from my experience, Hope it can help you somehow. You can check out essay samples for 8 UC questions at UC Essay Coach's website, quite useful. The examples are written by UC Essay Coach's counsellors and editors (many coming from prestigious schools like Harvard). From that you can develop your own essay to describe your leadership experience. But it would be best if you would have a professional editor edit your essays.

Good luck mate :)

Home / Essays / How to write UC essays, especially prompt 1 describe leadership experience?