how to write a graded analytical paper

umulbaneen 4 / 27  
ok so heres the prompt:
Please submit a copy of a graded, analytical paper from a junior or senior year English class. Your essay should include teacher comments and the grade earned. If a graded paper is not available, submit a critical analysis of a book you've read in the last two years

so basically im just confused what to submit
can anybody explain me what an analytical paper is
like can i submit a general essay??

please reply asap
thanks
youngkim9193 4 / 13  
No, not a general essay. You need to submit a essay that analyzes the work of literature, including themes, characters, and etc.:)
Lots of info is available online. homepages.wmich.edu/~cooneys/tchg/lit/adv/lit.papers.html

Poetry and prose are analyzed just as sculptures and paintings and other art are analyzed. That is part of the fundamentals of English classes.

This interesting requirement is intended to get you to produce a sample of your work from high school. Have you ever written an essay about the themes and symbolism, etc., in a particular novel? If so, send it in. If not, write an analysis of a novel you have recently read, and consider reading online about wht others have says about it. For example, start with this:

umsl.edu/~umslhistory/PsiPsi/Spring_08/5Swofford%20on%20Thoreau.pdf

articlemyriad.com/civil_disobedience.htm

Write something brilliant!! If you do not have a good paper to submit, write about Civil Disobedience and we will give you comments here. You can use our comments with your paper. Don't let this stop you from achieving your goal of going to this school. If you really have written no analytical papers in high school English, it is the fault of the teachers.
OP umulbaneen 4 / 27  
thanks!!!

i seriously never have so i submitted one of English essays which was analyzing on politics

Home / Essays / how to write a graded analytical paper