Writing about dolphins and whales using literary devices

AmberAngel 4 / 13  
Hi,
I need help in writing an irony or any other literary devices with the theme, dolphins and whales, for a brochure to educate people about saving them. I know what the devices are but it is hard to create them. I have no idea how to write this, so I need help. It would be good if anyone can give me an idea or example.

I appreciate all comments and/or ideas. Thanks:)
OP AmberAngel 4 / 13  
[Moved from]: Dolphin / whales shape poem - how to start?

Hello, I have an assignment, I need to write a paragraph about dolphins or whales in a shape of a dolphin or whale or called a shape poem but slightly different. I have some ideas but they are not so good.

1. Write words that describe dolphins or whales such as smart, pretty, elegant.
2. Write a short paragraph about them
If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment.
Thanks in advance:)
Athena - / 83 3  
Hi Vinnie,

You could probably write on the following:

1. Why dolphins are different? because they are friendly? sociable?
2. Maybe ur experience with dolphins? if u've had any... ;)
3. Try 2 be precise but still convey your idea on the subject cuz u get 2 write only a para.

All the Best!!!
kenmur 1 / 2  
Hello Amber!

Since dolphins have been known to pass away after being captured in nets meant for fishing, you could use words such as "ensnared" ironically. Also, since both whales and dolphins have blow-holes, you could also use the word "blow" in a fun and creative way.
zumi78878 2 / 6  
Since dolphins and whales are like "creatures of the sea", you can describe them like how you would describe the sea, like how they express "purity" or "peacefulness" or even compare them to the colour blue, which also has very significant meanings.

hope that helped!
allae - / 2  
I would refer to their cetacean intelligence and relate them to the reasons not to hurt domestic pets (Such as intelligence, character, etc). They are the second most intelligent group of animals on the planet. If you remove homo sapiens from the primate group which spikes the average intelligence up. They would be on top of the primate group.

Home / Essays / Writing about dolphins and whales using literary devices