Writing a monologue to a teacher - ideas for 12th grade

Ernestas 1 / 1  
Hello I wanted to ask help to write a decent monologue. And I'm not very familiar at writing them. If you are willing to help me then please do so in simpler words because my main language is not English.

+ This is for 12th grade
Shadow93 9 / 40  
A monologue is a dialogue made by one person.

To get you started, I recommend going through some of the famous ones first. Shakespeare (cliche) is famous for his dramatic monologues, check out the ones of Hamlet, King Lear, and Romeo and Juliet.

monologuearchive/s/shakespeare_william.html
OP Ernestas 1 / 1  
Thanks for the info, but I actually ment the monologue which I'm going to speak to a teacher
Cool advice, Chiang!

Hi Ernestas, don't let anyone ever tell you that a monomogue has to be written in a particular way. It is just talking (or writing).

Also, I will not use simple words when I post to your threads, because as a bilingual person you have very sophisticated linguistic abilities! I see that you write well already in English.

So... anyway, I suggest this:

1.) Memorize at least 8 lines from a Shakespearean monologue, and that will give you inspiration and confidence.
2.) google this: how to write a speech.
(it really is a speech that you are giving, and the only difference is that a monologue is a speech you give to YOURSELF . Ha ha, a lot of characters in Shakesperean plays talk to themselves.)

3.) Make sure that you write a speech/monologue that reveals key pieces of information. That is important because a monomogue is usually EXPOSITORY.

(Google any words you do not know.)

:-) good luck with this project!
bethbaxter - / 1  
Writing a monologue, ideas, structure

hey, i need help to write a monologue for my a level coursework.
looking for ideas, structures, any help anything will be used, how to write a monologue.
thankyou beth.
A monologue is a speech. That's all. It is almost like an essay. Start with a succinct expression of your main message.

Then, give many examples and points to support what you are saying.

At the end, say the main idea again.

This is a great process for expressing a deep insight about something you care about,.

Does that help!?

:-)

Home / Essays / Writing a monologue to a teacher - ideas for 12th grade