Writing an essay on Science and Technologies: Designer babies

Whatsminmin 2 / 6 1  

Designer babies

Hello. I'm here because i have to do a debate, an expose about science and technology and my topic is about designer babies and i want to know whats the best outline to talk about designer babies

Iike for example i will talk about what is it about
And then i will give my opinion but what is really missing is the second part.
If anyone could give some advices please.
I don't know if i just have to just focus on how can we create perfect babies or go just deeper in the expose
Rich Monte 2 / 94 2  
I'd entitle the essay like: "Why Designer Babies Are Wrong and How to Stop the Pseudo-Scientist from Wasting Tax-Payer Money on Non-Health Issues?"

You could use several arguments to support your points, for example:

- Designer babies solve no health problems (it's like a breast implant surgery which doesn't 'heal' anything but causes more problems down the road),

- IF 'baby designing' was to be a part of 'healthcare' (and this is what the fight is about) billions would be spent on a non-health issue instead of curing/bringing science to actual health problems like cancer. The goal of the pseudo-scientists and corporations behind them is to persuade the public that 'designer babies' should be a part of healthcare (then, they could waste our tax payer money on that),

- Designer babies will turn into Frankensteins (forcing the nature into something unnatural guarantees that),

- Designer babies will cause humans to be even less human (if they can 'design' a baby like a toy, they can also return it like a toy - see animal shelters) - in the end it would create 'designed human shelters.'

In the conclusion you could point out that if someone wants to have designer babies, it's all fine - AS LONG AS they don't waste taxpayers money and sponsor 100% of their 'research' on their own and don't classify 'baby designing' as a healthcare issue.
OP Whatsminmin 2 / 6 1  
@Rich Monte
So the for the first part i will talk about the incovenients of having a designer babies , then the consequences/how to prevent this system and then focusing on pseudo scientists ?

And i planned to talk about the countries that prohibited designer babies
Gina, if you are doing a debate about Designer Babies then you first have to know which side of the debate you will be supporting. Are you on the side that agrees with the development and existence of designer babies? Or are you to defend the opposing side? What you will research and how you will present the information totally depends upon the debate side that you are to be presenting. Since a debate is usually done by team, find out what topic will be assigned to you for discussion before you do any research. That way, you can easily prepare the proper rebuttal research in anticipation of the opposing side arguments during the debate. A debate is different from a research paper. The information I gave you above will help to prepare you for the debate. Make sure first that you are doing a debate and not a research paper because those require two different types of research and presentation.
OP Whatsminmin 2 / 6 1  
Thank you for the tips :)
And to respond to you, i am against it so i don't know if I should talk about the good things that comes from having a "perfect baby"

I really don't know where to start with my subject
Rich Monte 2 / 94 2  
Yes. It'd be interesting to start with information about the countries that have already banned designer babies - why they did it; it would be a powerful introduction imo.

Home / Essays / Writing an essay on Science and Technologies: Designer babies