Yale Young African Scholars Essay

jason321 3 / 6  
Hello Everyone, I would like to refer advice on the YYAS essay, I saw that @Madonna104 had posted a thread on that and got help and after a few minutes, it vanished. I'm also applying for 2018, @Holt, could you retype the advice you gave her, as her post vanished.

Any other person is welcome.
Thanks.
Unfotunately Sebastian, I am unable to repeat my advice to the previous poster in this thread because I no longer remember what the questions she listed are. I believe she has violated one of our terms of service regulations which is why her post was removed by the admin. I am sad that you were not able to take note of the advice before it was removed. Do not be disheartened though, I can still help you with your essay. Since you are applying to the same program, why don't you just write the essays as you think it should be written and then post each essay as a separate thread here? I will be here anyway to offer you specific advice about how to improve your work. The advice that I previously gave was specific to the requirements of that poster so I doubt it would have done you any good. Go ahead and write the essays. I'll be waiting to read it and I promise that I will help you make improvements to it specifically suited to your needs.
OP jason321 3 / 6  
Thank you @Holt. The prompts are:

1. We would like to know the context in which you grew up. Describe the factors that influence your academic achievements. (500 max).

2. Explain the values most important to you (200 max)

3. Why do you want to be a YYAS scholar. (200 max)

4. Each YYAS scholar benefits from the program, what would you contribute to YYAS program (100 words)

I would like to get guidelines like you did with @Madonna104.
Thank you.

Home / Essays / Yale Young African Scholars Essay