ESSAY ABOUT YOURSELF (ideas, sentences, phrases)

joseph 1 / 3  
Hello everyone,
i've to write AN ESSAY ABOUT YOURSELF
that told the teacher
it must contain

how I:

- get on with people
- cope with problems
- honest or dishonest
- my way to make friends
- my moral

I need about 2-3 sentences for each of these

I've made the other part of essay but I'm not good at writing , I've written about 5 essays at my whole life.
So could you help me with some interesting sentences, phrases and of course ideas about these few titles I've to write about.

Best wishes,
joseph.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good morning Joseph!

It is sometimes difficult for us to write about ourselves, but once you get started, you'll be fine. For each of the points your teacher requires, try and think of a spcific instance in which you utilized the characteristic. For instance, think about a time you had to work together with a group of people to accomplish something. Perhaps it was a class project or a team sport. How do you cope with problems? Do you listen to music when you are upset? How about writing or drawing? Do you meditate? How do you get to know people? Do you have a certain "line" that works well as an ice breaker? Morals; that is a tougher one because you really have to expose some of your inner self. Of course most of us have the foundation down; don't steal, murder, lie, etc...but you may want to talk about one specific moral you have. Do you have something you feel particularly strong about one way or another? For instance, has there been a time when someone you trusted lied to you, and as a result of that dishonesty, honesty is something that you strongly feel is important?

Think about these things and you will find your own voice as you write down the situations. Finding this voice will help you in all of your writing, not just this partiular essay. If you would like, when you have finished it, post it here and I can take another look at it.

Good luck!

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP joseph 1 / 3  
Oh mine, these are 335 words.
My teacher told us it shoud be about 190-200 words.
What could I do?
Any comments about the essay?
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good morning Joseph!

Excellent work! This is exactly what your instructor is looking for! To shorten the essay, perhaps choose only one story; the piano lessons or the movie production. Whichever one you choose to remove, you can still refer to it in a sentence or two. For instance, if you choose to keep the piano lesson story, you can refer to the movie making situation by stating something like, "When I come up against a task I think is impossible, I think to myself, do the job with partners, not alone, just like movie producing teams." When you're done, go ahead and post it again and we can edit for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP joseph 1 / 3  
It took eighteen years to create who I am today. Within these years, I have been given the freedom to explore the world in order to satisfy my curiosity toward all the strange and wonderful things in the world around me.

I grew up in a healthy family. I had an elder sister and this made my childhood days more colorful.
I remember when I was a young boy; my parents bought us a piano. I have been exploring music ever since my sister started taking piano lessons. This affected me so much that I insisted to my parents that I also wanted to learn piano. So I started my musical course. Recently I made myself better than her. I had a big success and presume it's a result of my enthusiasm.

When I come up against a task I think is impossible, I think to myself, do the job with partners, not alone, just like movie producing teams. I didn't take things slowly. I imagined that I'm a scriptwriter and I also suggested it to my team - it was just like we were making one of these night talk-shows. The result - need for another co-production.

When I'm upset and bored I often listen to classical music or watch movies with Rowan Atkinson also known as Mr. Bean. He makes me feel embarrassed of the instances he's taking in.

Lastly I consider myself a philosopher or perhaps a thinker. I sometimes talk to myself, ask myself questions, and think about answers.
I guess it just shows you that the world is real, that life isn't and never has been perfect but a famous author once said 'If you don't believe you won't achieve'.

I think that's going to do the work
OP joseph 1 / 3  
I'll quote my teacher

'Awesome! Good work boy.
I see you're improving your writing.'

and I got an excellent mark
thanks a lot Gloria
it's not all about the mark
but corrections

I've to start a new project
It would be
"My project to create positive change in my environment.
How can I foster substainable development in my community"
I'll post a new Topic after a few days
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
AMAZING! AWESOME! GREAT WORK! You must feel fantastic!
I can't wait to see your new project. Post it here as soon as you're ready!

Home / Essays / ESSAY ABOUT YOURSELF (ideas, sentences, phrases)