Unanswered [5] / Urgent [0] / SERVICES
 DrAfT!
Home / Faq, Help   40

How do i delete a thread?

I mean the title pretty much sums it up, i guess i'll just say thank you and write my name in this box...

Thanks,
Jonathan Flash

ooh, interesting...

I just meant in a situation where your question is answered and therefore no longer applies. I figured I should remove an old thread as a courtesy, since less posts would mean it'd be easier for other people to find posts without replies.

haha i guess not, huh?

well, i was just wondering. Thanks for the response!^_^
You're welcome. One reason we don't remove threads is so that other members can look through the past postings and maybe find answers to their questions as well.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
the moderators can delete it for you
but why? are you guys worried about it being plagarised?

then put your full name here and it should be a protection against other people copying it. And people with decent mind will know that copying from a major help site is not a very good idea when handing in their college essay.
removing the essays

how do you remove the essays that you post on Essayforum?
thanks i really appreciate it!
I asked the same question earlier:

Good afternoon.

As per our TOS.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

"One reason we don't remove threads is so that other members can look through the past postings and maybe find answers to their questions as well."~Gloria
EF_KevinThreads: 8
Posts: 13,839
[Contributor] 129  
Hello, you can look at the TOS link at the bottom of the screen. There is also a "contact us" link. The TOS explains everything...

:)

Kevin
How do I delete my own thread?

There's one of my thread that I want to delete because I don't want others finding it via google. I tried closing the thread but it didn't work. If I can't delete my thread, at least let me edit it pls!
EF_KevinThreads: 8
Posts: 13,839
[Contributor] 129  
If you post a subsequent draft, your original draft will probably be removed to accommodate the new draft within the thread. You can check out the TOS for policies about removing essays, etc.

Thanks!!
Yes, I posted my new draft please remove the original draft from the "Which communities of UPenn interest you, and how will you contribute to them" thread.
kevin can you help me aswell becuase i am in the same postition as help pls can you remove one of my threads
wait i dont get what i have to do to delete my thread could you explain please thanks
Permanently deleting threads

Is there any way to permanently delete an old thread without paying? Or to keep it from showing up on Google? Thanks.
But what if I put my name in the text of the post?

Can I ask a moderator to go into my posts and delete my name?

This is an INSANE rule.
My words are MINE and I should have the right to delete them.
I'd love to get this site shut down.
Who's with me?

And I would like a response about my moderator question.
EF_KevinThreads: 8
Posts: 13,839
[Contributor] 129  
What are you talking about? We try to set up a community where people can collaborate quite effectively, and when we encounter adversity we try to solve all problems that arise. If we add a little energy by helping people for free, then they can add value by helping each other and by allowing others to learn by reading their threads of collaboration. A lot of people benefit by participating here, and it is a "pure" kind of service because it is all about people contributing to one another's process.

If you do not read the TOS, you won't be able to proceed in a way that serves your interests. IF you do read the TOS but change your mind about your willingness to participate in the way that others do, then you can pay a fee to offset the time you cost us. But it's not as though we have hidden fees or something like that, and it's not as though we are getting rich by doing this.
How to delete my old posts / thread?

Hi,

I made some posts about college essays and such a couple of years ago, but I wanted to delete all of them, and maybe even just delete my essayforum account all together, but I can't find where to do that?

Any ideas?
You can delete all unanswered threads at the top right corner of the thread otherwise you have to pay a fee of $5 per thread. I just posted my first thread and it told me that in the rules. Not sure where you go to even pay that $5 fee per thread though.
EF_KevinThreads: 8
Posts: 13,839
[Contributor] 129  
Here is all the info: Disclaimer, Privacy, Terms of Service.
I hope that enables you to achieve your goal. If any of it is unclear, come back to this thread and let me know! Sometimes people get upset about the fee for removing threads, but usually people understand why.

Kind regards!

:-)
Issue with deleting my thread! Why do I have to pay?

why do i have to pay, can i just edit my thread/post or have someone delte the thread/post?
Question on Deleting Post

Is there any other to buy credit?( my Mastercard cannot pay through paypal)
I know will not get enough" like" to delete all my posts within a short period.That's why I want to buy credits but the system does not work.

Home / Faq, Help / How do i delete a thread?