Home / Faq, Help   % width Posts: 11

Should I delete the thread later on or keep it here?

TheLeader 2 / 36  
Hi Everyone,

My essays are going to be due in a month and I might delete them from essayforums before that to prevent plagiarism. Although I'm not paranoid, I just want to take a safety precaution and ask if it's possible after deleting my threads, the moderators on essayforum.com can prove that I'm the original writer of the essay (just in case an essay is plagiarized from me) from the timestamp and name in my threads.

Thank you!
nikkistevenson 1 / 2  
I suggest you delete them. That is what I am doing because I am scarred that my teacher might assume i am plagarizing b/c i dont put my real name on websites.
chazzmil 5 / 9  
Yes! I think that is a great idea. You do not want other people to have the same identical essays as you do, because great suspicion could be caused.
OP TheLeader 2 / 36  
That's not exactly what I asked but thanks for the input!

What I mean is hypothetically that BEFORE I delete it, someone plagiarized it and the thread is already deleted by the time I am suspected of plagiarism. HOWEVER, there is no proof it's mine because the thread is deleted. Can mods prove that it's ours from our deleted posts with the name/timestamp? Does this make sense?
catty121 2 / 5  
You can just close the thread. The 'close thread' button is located at the bottom of the text box, just look for the phrase.
OP TheLeader 2 / 36  
Closing it doesn't prevent people from plagiarizing..
catty121 2 / 5  
Then just pay the 8 dollars and close it.
Mods won't do it because you have to pay, does that answer your question?
OP TheLeader 2 / 36  
Sorry but that still doesn't answer my question but thanks for the reply. I know that I can prevent FUTURE plagiarism by deleting the thread.

EF_Team [Moderator] 41 / 222 15  
It's better to leave them. That way it will be indexed under your name and even if someone copies it the proof will be there that you posted it first.

EF
emily9587 3 / 5  
Yeah, that's good idea. I was actually afraid to share my essay here because of plagiarism.
mubarok45 - / 1  
Merged:

deindex post after delete the thread

Hi,

how long my old post will be de-indexed from google after I permanently deleted it (with purchasing credit)?

thanks.

Should be pretty fast (we can manually submit the non-existent page to speed it up).

Home / Faq, Help / Should I delete the thread later on or keep it here?