Home / Faq, Help % width Posts: 9

Can it be plagiarism because of a deleted essay?

OftheWarsong 1 / 2  
I had once posted one of my SOP drafts here on EssayForum for a review. After I was satisfied with the changes, I deleted the thread on EssayForum using 1 credit. However, when I checked the plagiarism of my completed SOP today, it displayed 17% plagiarized. The plagiarism was from my deleted thread. How do I work around this? If the admissions committee runs a check, I'm worried it'll lead back to the deleted thread that was originally written by me. What do I do? Can any of the mods please help me?

Can somebody get back to me on this please? I need to submit my SOP to universities now and am not sure what to do now. As my deleted thread is the source of plagiarism, not even my name appears on the text.

I would be extremely grateful.
Dalatkitty 1 / 1 1  
I have the same problem with you. And now the plagiarism checker found my work 96% plagiarized because I posted on this forum. Now I have to submit to my lecturer. What a nightmare! Ironically, I plagiarized myself!
EssayAdmin - / 7  
Hello,

We don't allow Google, Bing, and other search engines to cache the results, so all deleted threads will never show up live within a legitimate plagiarism checking tool. There is no useful trace to it once it's deleted, even if some buggy tool shows a link to a non-existing thread.

Same plagiarism detection software show quoted text as "plagiarized" (despite the fact you quoted and referenced it). Academic institutions don't use such free, buggy, and dangerous tools that steal the checked content and use it as their own. In fact, if you have ever submitted your original essay to such a "free tool" - you have already given up your copyrights and the checked content will be used without any copyright protections because those "free services" operate from countries where copyright protection laws don't exists.

Reference: https://essayscam.org/truth-plagiarism-detection-tools/

Regards,

EssayForum
OP OftheWarsong 1 / 2  
@EssayAdmin
Thank you for your response. I was using DupliChecker and SmallSeoTools till now.
Is it then possible to guide us to a legitimate plagiarism tool?
EssayAdmin - / 7  
The safest way is to just take an excerpt from a random sentence, put it between quotation marks, and search on Google or Bing. The other way is to use the one used in your college / university (most likely WriteCheck or TurnItIn).
OP OftheWarsong 1 / 2  
I ran a plag scan with Turnitin today. It directed me again to the deleted thread. What's more, when I search the name of the thread I'd originally started on Google, it comes up as the first search option. Did the thread deletion not work?

Thanks.
EssayAdmin - / 7  
So it works as it should.

You were the author of the essay, so it assigns it to your own name. When you open the deleted link, nothing shows up any more (because the thread doesn't exist). You CANNOT be accused of plagiarism in this case.
jjcontreras - / 1  
Essay Admin can you still confirm this? Yes.

Merged:

Chevening Plagiarism Software

Can previous essays posted in this forum be deemed as plagiarism?

Has anyone been disqualified from the Chevening Scholarship for using this forum?

I deleted a thread I previously created and ran my essay to a paid plagiarism software and it identified a 4% plagiarism out of essayforum's twitter account. If I quote parts of what I posted and search it in Google the link to the eliminated thread still appears.
ahmednaik - / 1  
Merged:

I posted my Motivation Letter and now plagiarism is being detected

Hi! I posted my motivation letter here to get it checked. After it was checked, I deleted it by buying the credit. But plagiarism tools are still detecting plagiarism in the letter. I am worried that admission committee will make it an issue. Is there any way to solve this problem? If you posted under your own name, there should be no plagiarism.

Home / Faq, Help / Can it be plagiarism because of a deleted essay?