Application essay for the University of Sydney
2 years working as Immigration officer has completely altered my previous interest, from English Literature into law and international security in order to implement the best policy regarding to traffic subject who enter or exit XXXXX territory. Fighting against illegal workers or other multinational crimes have been my current duties, hence I believe that my proposed courses are very beneficial as it prepares me to master an expertise which is essential to safeguard my state sovereignty. I will be able to study theoretical approaches about migration policy, global employment and migration, etc., courses which are not available in XXXXX, as well as to strengthen my grounding to be applied in the field.
My bachelor degree in English Literature may seem have nothing to do with my proposed studies, however, I have learned literature theories that are similar to theories in international relations such as Marxism, post-colonialism, post-structuralism, etc. of which I got quite remarkable marks. Then, I completed my study by receiving the award of best graduate of Faculty of Languages and Arts since my GPA was the highest. In addition, 2 year field experience in Immigration makes a person who consistently works with law as my basis of decision making, having the trust of my supervisor to perform in almost all duties in my division. Therefore, I believe that I can perform well in the courses I am currently proposing.
I have made inquiries to universities in Australia that provide Master program of either international security or international relations, resulting that despite of international relations courses offered, only University of Sidney has specific program of international security, whereas University of Melbourne and University of Queensland have it as unit of study. Since one of my goals is to make a breakthrough in preventing multinational crimes, applying to universities which emphasize its study in international security is surely one of the keys.
Holt Educational Consultant - / 13,879 4564
This essay has nothing to do with your undergraduate course. You are being asked to explain why you chose to study this masters course in relation to your current career and you duties and responsibilities. The question actually is: Why did you choose to study International Security at the University of Sydney? Your response should indicate:
- What your current job description is
- How the course you have chosen is relevant to your job
- What your academic goals are
- How the universities you have chosen can respond to your academic needs. Make sure you use one paragraph per university in the discussion. Be detailed, don't use a shortcut in the response. Vary the response for every course you chose at each university (if you are applying for various course admissions). Otherwise, explain why each university excites you with its international security program. One university, one paragraph, one explanation.
- How you see the combination of the course, the university, and the Australian study experience will help you achieve your professional goals.
Indicate a response to these guide questions and you will have a more definitive response to the question posed in the application essay.
Thank you very much for your suggestion. The problem is this essay is limited to only 2000 characters (300 words), thus being detailed is impossible. Would you mind giving me different indications that I should include in this 2000-character essay? Thank you in advance