"Accessibility, efficiency, efficacy & quality"- SoI- Global Public Health

SLOOTR 5 / 12 2  
Good afternoon! I am in the process of completing my Statement of Interest for a Certificate in Global Health.

Does the following answer the question the school is asking? Does the statement flow?

Your professional feedback is much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

1. How will this certificate training contribute to your career plans?

My affinity for health care and the natural sciences stems from the fact that, by nature, I want to benefit humankind and the environment. As health and wellness issues become more complicated and quality of care becomes more compromised, it is my fundamental purpose and intention to create, communicate and disseminate effective and exceptional promotional and preventative health programs and resources; and to identify, shape and model high-quality standards of care within an accessible, responsive, kind and collaborative environment for the benefit of individuals and communities, alike.

While my coursework has allowed me to develop a keen understanding of how disturbances in biological systems can influence one's health, I never fully appreciated the concept of social and environmental influences on health until personal familial circumstances became the forefront of my own health and wellness. In addition, my professional endeavors have provided invaluable scenarios to critically assess, analyze and treat injuries, illnesses and/or disabilities at the individual level. While I enjoy and am intrigued by the science and art that encompasses disability studies and occupational therapy, I find my thoughts wandering and expanding from an individual perspective, to a global, community-based perspective where the emphasis is about health care accessibility, education, promotion and prevention

Through the Certificate in Global Public Health (CGPH) program, I hope to gain a comprehensive understanding of local and international public health research and best practices. I am especially driven to explore the social and environmental determinants of mental health and its correlation to other health conditions or disorders. However, no matter the subject area or population, I am most interested in achieving efficiency, efficacy and access without sacrificing quality.

In addition, the collaborative nature of the _______ appeals to me. The specialized coursework offered among the three universities provides a variety of opportunities to develop, explore and specialize ideas and interests. Likewise, I am drawn to the ______ because of its strong emphasis on practice-based experiences. I am excited at the opportunity to translate academic knowledge into practical field experience. I am confident that your program will enable me to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully promote positive social and environmental change. I believe that I am a student with the intellectual capacity and the passion and commitment to excel at your program. I feel that the CGPH program of study at ______ will be the most logical extension of my professional pursuits and a major step towards contributing to my career plans.
...I find my thoughts wandering and expanding from an individual perspective, to a global, community-based perspective where the emphasis is abouton health care accessibility, education, promotion and prevention.

I am especially driven to explore the social and environmental determinants of mental health, and its correlation to other health conditions or disorders.

I believe that I am a student with the intellectual capacity and the passion and commitment to excel in your program.

Your essay is excellent. Good luck in school!

:)

Home / Graduate / "Accessibility, efficiency, efficacy & quality"- SoI- Global Public Health