Additional information that could affect your candidature for admission - ISB YLP essay

Sushmitha 2 / 2  
Please provide additional information that could affect the consideration of your application to the ISB. (300 words max)

The major part of my life, I've spent away from home. With the diversity of exposure I got from being away from home, I have been able to understand that every person is unique and every individual is creative. This understanding served the most in making me a team player. My initiatives as a leader in various activities in my institute, have been largely successful, as I could bring the best out of my team.

Currently, I work in an Internet of things based software start-up. The company didn't have a detailed training programme. My job has been overwhelming as I come from an Electronics background, and also quite demanding in core computer science concepts. Day by day, pressure has piled up, but I stayed motivated and never gave up. I still worked on my application to ISB YLP, on the one hand, and started learning all the technologies involved in my company's product, on the other hand. My experience in this short period has taught me how real life experiences make you come out of your comfort zone and push yourselves beyond your limits.

The experience I gathered leading many teams in my college, the expertise i've built up in articulating ideas, the excellence i've displayed in the academic projects have boosted my confidence levels in what I can do. Continuous self assessment has always been a tool for me to learn and improve. With the determination to learn and excel along with the creativity, compassion and hard work, I believe I would make a good contribution to the learning from peers in ISB!
Permata992 7 / 12  
Hi sushmitha, there are several correction from me. I hope it will useful to improve your writing skill..

... I've spent away from home. WithBy having the diversity of exposure, I got from being (...) person is unique and every individual is creative. This understanding served the ...This understanding of this situation create my personality as a good member in my team . My initiatives as ...

Home / Graduate / Additional information that could affect your candidature for admission - ISB YLP essay