Ph.D. Aerospace Eng. in Multidisciplinary Dsgn Optimization ; SOP

Jj_Br1 1 / -  
Hi all :),

I'm not very good with grammar or writing.Therefore, I will greatly appreciate any help/feedback to this intent of SOP. Guidelines are attached in .PDF and the SOP will start below. Thanks and waiting to see your reviews.

_________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________ ___
Academic Statement of Purpose
My first experience in the industry as a young engineer started with an internship position at *XYZ* Automotive in 2011. This opportunity offered at *XYZ* unlocked my potential based on my hunger for constant learning and strong work ethic. After a successful completion of the summer internship program, *XYZ* Vice-President of Engineering offered me an Associate Engineer position upon graduation. Currently, with almost two years of experience as Product Engineer and Computer Aided Engineer (CAE), I have recognized the necessity for a more robust product design process. The search for an improved method to approach the conventional design process led me to be interested in the field of Multidisciplinary Design Optimization (MDO). As a result, I developed greater interests in pursuing the Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering with a focus on stress-constrained topology optimization.

In July of 2008, competing with other one thousand applicants, I was one of forty students awarded with a full scholarship by the *PQS government* to pursue higher education at XXX University. As an undergraduate student in Aeronautical Engineering, I acquired solid foundations in aerodynamics, structural mechanics, and control systems. Similarly, I had the opportunity of performing research projects specifically in the area of *XXX Science*. My first research project involved the characterization of *Nano-Something* as photo-catalyst for water cleaning treatments. During this time, I learned the basics of X-Ray diffraction and operated the X-Ray diffractometer for analysis of the different samples for the project. After completing this project, my senior design team (which consisted of two other students and me) started to work on our final project. This project consisted in the study of Novel *XYZ Alloys* for Cold-forming Capabilities, where we investigated the residual stresses after the cold forming process was applied to the material. These two research experiences helped me to build a strong systematic way of approaching engineering projects.

My interest in the Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering at *NEW University* started after I visited the *Engineering EXPO* (November 2011), where I was able to realize the large amount of cutting edge research being done in the different areas of Aerospace Engineering. Also, I had the opportunity of meeting the aerospace graduate committee, and visited the different labs in the *XYZ* Building. This experience, certainly pointed me in the right direction to pursue graduate studies, however I was unsure of the research area that I would like to pursue. After my graduation, I started to look for research areas of my interest and the professors who were involved in such disciplines. That was when I learned about Dr. *PROFESSOR*' research topic in MDO. After further reading about the Ph.D. program in Aerospace, I felt that a focus in MDO will fulfill my career goal of implementing a more robust design process. Similarly, I visualize that MDO can be the tool that will allow the design to reach a higher level of performance without degrading specific performance constraints plus reducing time in design iterations.

I am convinced that pursuing doctoral studies at this distinguished school will be the starting point of a stronger research foundation in Aerospace Engineering. Specially having the guidance from the finest faculty, the state-of-the-art research laboratories, and the diverse learning atmosphere will prepare me perfectly to undertake independent research in future. This will ultimately help me to accomplish my personal goal of becoming a professor at a research university where I will expand the knowledge acquired through years of research and industry experience to the new generation of young engineers.
98_IIG 1 / 7  
Using sentence structure/ writing accurately

- Varied and sophisticated sentence structures used to impressive effect
- Uses a range of punctuation highly purposefully and effectively; punctuation is another means to heighten impact of writing
- Spelling is almost always accurate; accurate spelling of specialist or less commonplace vocabulary; impressive control over even highly irregular spellings.

Follow these points when writing.
it might be helpfull

Home / Graduate / Ph.D. Aerospace Eng. in Multidisciplinary Dsgn Optimization ; SOP