Applying or Master of Fine Arts ( Visual arts). How to write SOP?

arash6586 1 / -  
Hi,

I have a Bachelor Degree in Graphic design and i want to apply for Master of Fine Arts ( area of Visual arts) . can anyone please help me to write my Statement of purpose?

thanks
lindazartar 1 / 1  
Hi,

I've been working on mine for the past month. Start outlining what you like to most talk about, and organize your taughts as much as you can. I find it easier to transform ideas into paragraphs ...

Good Luck,
Yeah, an outline is a good idea, for sure. But there is something I think is even more important: a message to the reader.

The reader obviously cannot remember every sentence of your sop, so you have to think of what sentence you want them to remember... a theme you want them to remember. And what should it be? A notion that makes them feel that you deserve a chance to be in this program. If you expound a detailed plan (i.e. based on your PURPOSE) the reader will feel that you have a strong intention about this field and that you should be let into the program.

:-)

Home / Graduate / Applying or Master of Fine Arts ( Visual arts). How to write SOP?