"to become a competent manager" - My future goals after finishing the MBA program...

dbrower 1 / -  
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for this amazing platform where one can get so much guidance from experienced professionals.

I am writing an essay on explaining my short term and long term goals, and have having trouble revising it and making sure it is clear and concise.

Please provide your valuable feedback on how the essay has come out, and how any of the writing be changed if need be.

Thank you very much in advance.

ESSAY QUESTION
Discuss your post-MBA professional goals, beginning with the MBA specialization you plan to pursue. How did you decide on this career path, and why do you feel these goals are realistic for you?

------------------------

A lonely child stands in the Ganges River washing his clothes pondering his life. An elderly fisherman floats on a tiny handmade boat in the Amazon wondering if he will catch food for his family to eat that night. An underdog football player, who after trying for years, finally gets his chance at the big time. No matter what the story, television and film is a powerful means of communication combining imagery, action, and sound to transmit a message to an audience in an exceptional way. No matter what you are seeking to broadcast, what your target market is, or how big a budget you have, you can convey any message or idea that you desire.

The XYZ MBA program is exactly what I am looking for in my next step of my professional career. I believe that the XYZ program will be a perfect catalyst for a transition from my current production background into a more business-oriented background in television and film.

The MBA specialization that I plan to pursue is Supply Chain Management with an area of emphasis in Entrepreneurship. A degree in Supply Chain Management will allow me to identify, acquire, and manage all the resources a business or organization requires to meet strategic goals. I will learn valuable lessons in team leading, communication, cost management, and strategic thinking. I already have an undergraduate degree in Business Management with a minor in Entrepreneurship, however I feel that the additional education I will receive at XYZ will allow me to achieve my ultimate goal, which is to start my own television/film production company.

I would like to say that I had a great epiphany or grand revelation that creating my own production company was what I must do in my lifetime. However, that was not the case. After spending more then 5 years in television production, I have learned a great deal about the industry, how it works, and what it takes to be successful. While I feel like I have a good grasp on the industry, starting a production company is no easy feat. For this, I would need the proper training and understanding of the components that go into undergoing such a venture. Earning an MBA degree from XYZ would be a significant component of this training.

I foresee my future career as developing and managing a production company focused in film and television. With my desire and focus to create and develop programs with messages of philanthropy and for the greater good of the public, I believe such an undertaking would not only benefit my goals, and myself but also improve the local and global community and marketplace with the messages I would transcend. I would like to capitalize on the opportunity of providing new ideas and messages that would meet a large audience.

Equally influential in my long-term plans has been my work experience as a producer in television. My affinity for creating informational programs was greatly satisfied by working at E! Entertainment over the last 5 years. I have worked on a diverse range of projects covering various topics and themes. I was able to acquire a solid technical background and thus become a competent producer and assume greater responsibilities in overseeing other people's work. My tasks have included developing ideas for programming, writing scripts, interviewing stories, as well as training and assisting my colleagues on multiple projects.

Over the course of my career, I have learned that production expertise complements well with business and a manager's responsibilities promising a substantially higher rate of success. Therefore, I believe that I would greatly benefit from receiving a quality education as an MBA student. Earning a business degree from XYZ would supply me with the information and competence to become a competent manager with a sound understanding of developing a business.
An elderly fisherman floats on a tiny handmade boat in the Amazon, wondering if he will catch food for his family to eat that night.

No matter what the story, television and film are powerful means of communication...

The XYZ MBA program is exactly what I am looking for in my next step toward a professional career.

I will learn valuable lessons in team leadership , communication, cost management, and strategic thinking.

...I believe such an undertaking would not only benefit my goals and myself, but also...

My tasks have included developing ideas for programming, writing scripts, interviewing stories, ...is this right?

Over the course of my career, I have learned that production expertise complements well with business and a...

Home / Graduate / "to become a competent manager" - My future goals after finishing the MBA program...