You are what you believe yourself to be; Short Statement of Purpose for the scholarship

teo_teo 1 / 1  
Hello, everybody! I am applying for scholarship programme and have to send brief motivation letter. Unfortunately, it should be max. 2000 symbols, so I had to minimize it as much as I could. As English is not my mother language, I think, I'll probably have mistakes. Please, read and evaluate it. I will consider all your remarks ^_^

Thank you in advance !

###
With this letter of motivation I want to express my interest in applying for the X programme in the University of X. Graduated from X University , I want to move to the next level of my academic studies and pursue a master's degree. The reason that stimulated to make this decision is, as I believe, my potential and interest in acquiring an in-depth knowledge in the field of Finance.

In the childhood I was interested in calculators. Enjoying making simple math calculations I wished to have various kinds of calculators different in size and color. This strange love has gone, but it somehow made an impact on my life, now I have a desire - to become a successful financier. Several times I was asked if the finance is the thing I really enjoy. I can truly say that it is the field where I imagine myself working for the rest of my life. And I am happy that I have chosen profession which is in accordance with my personality, skills and interests.

It is said that you are what you believe yourself to be, if it is true I can define myself as a very purposeful, ambitious, hard-working and self-motivated person. During the studies at a bachelor's level I was actively involved in the extra-curricular activities. Being an intern in the Italian manufacturing company "X" and studying in X University appeared as a huge opportunity in increasing the awareness in my profession, in improving research skills and in getting a unique experience in living and working in the multinational environment. I believe that my international background will be an asset for my studies at a master's level in the University of X.

My choice of the University of X was mainly based on the international recognition of the university and attractive study programme. I am quite confident, that Master in Finance, that meets CFA standards, will significantly broaden my knowledge, playing a vital role in making a successful career in Finance. In addition, I believe that my background and huge motivation to study in your university makes me a valuable candidate for this programme. Despite the fact that the programme is quite challenging if I get the opportunity to become its part, I will do my best in order match all the credentials and maintain high standards at your university.
600score 3 / 4  
i think you must write more formal than it. especially second paragraph!
he reason that stimulated to make this decision is, as I believe, my potential and interest in acquiring an in-depth knowledge in the field of Finance.

Well, it is better you mention why you intend to acquire an in-depth knowledge in this field. Briefly mention about your goals.

In the childhood I was interested in calculators. Enjoying making simple math calculations I wished to have various kinds of calculators different in size and color. This strange love has gone, but it somehow made an impact on my life, now I have a desire - to become a successful financier.

What is the link between your childhood interest and the field you chose to study. I understand that they are very loosely connected and therefore these lines do not add any value to your response :(
OP teo_teo 1 / 1  
Thank you both for your comments. After considering your remarks I have changed my SOP. Please, take a look on this :

With this letter of motivation I want to express my interest in applying for the Master in Finance programme in the University of Porto. Graduated from X University , I want to move to the next level of my academic studies and pursue a master's degree. The reason that stimulated to make this decision, as I believe, is my potential and interest in acquiring an in-depth knowledge in the field of Finance.

When I first made my choice of future profession in favor of Finance, my preferences were based not on my passion towards this science but on the subjective perception of my personal skills. My interest in mathematics during the school resulted in analytical and technical abilities I have. These abilities along with the interest in the world of Finance made my choice. During the studies at a bachelor's level I was actively involved in extra-curricular activities which formed a ground for my successful participation in the number of projects. Being an intern in the Italian company "X" and studying in Norway appeared as a huge opportunity in increasing the awareness in my profession, improving research and presentation skills and acquiring a unique experience while living and working in the multinational environment. Currently, I am an intern in the department of Financial Analysis in the company "X Ltd" and expect to use the knowledge I am acquiring every working day in my studies at a master's level.

My choice of the University of X was mainly based on the international recognition of the university and attractive study programme. I am quite confident, that Master in Finance, that meets CFA standards, will significantly broaden my knowledge, playing a vital role in making a successful career in Finance. In addition, I believe that my background and huge motivation to study in your university makes me a valuable candidate for this programme. Despite the fact that the programme is quite challenging if I get the opportunity to become its part, I will do my best in order to match all the credentials and maintain high standards at your university. My country's economy is developing, we need more qualified specialists to help the country to prosper and become a deserving member of European countries. I am confident that knowledge obtained at your university will make me able to help my country in its process of developing.

Home / Graduate / You are what you believe yourself to be; Short Statement of Purpose for the scholarship