What is the benefit of becoming a GOI-IES Scholar?

stella898 2 / 3  

better education in the desired university abroad

What is the benefit of becoming a GOI-IES Scholar, to yourself (personally and professionally), to Ireland, and to your country of origin?
GOI-IES scholarship funded by the government of ireland and is for students applying to Ireland universities.

My professional aspiration and personal ambitions intersect in project management. On the career forefront, what I enjoy most about being a PMO is the diversity it brings to my day-to-day work-life; from managing people, products and technology, the role demands me to exhibit my leadership and networking skills. I am extremely gratified to have secured a place for the MSc in project management at UCD and I am confident that the course will help me acquire concrete skills and techniques to serve the corporate world.

On a personal point of view, while pursuing higher education in a reputed University abroad is my primary objective, relocating from India is really challenging in terms of managing finances. I am thereby in the pursuit of finding the right balance between being competitive, having the best facilities and programs, excellent quality of education and cost incurred.

Procuring a GOI-IES scholarship provides me with the prospect to study overseas so as to obtain a better education than in my home country. This will certainly help avoid the burden of taking a student loan and to have stress-free learning, where I will be able to maximize my college experience through service culture, volunteering chances, and internships in place of undertaking a part-time job for paying off the debt.

This generous scholarship will allow me to pursue the course in the desired university without having to compromise on the program and facilities. My dedicated academic focus will then be only on the project management with an emphasis on project implementation and stakeholder management, by taking up real-time projects. Having previously worked as a product analyst, I would like to elevate my skills to become a project manager by exploring classes such as strategy formulation and decision analysis. Moreover, obtaining this scholarship will mark me competitive, add value to my resume and present me more attractive to my future employers in addition to showcasing my exceptional academic, professional and personal abilities.

I would definitely contribute my share to the economy and welfare of Ireland by being a competent and innovative project manager in return for the top-notch education Ireland offers. My productive training will significantly increase the impact and effectiveness of Ireland's international presence as a great place to live, study, work, visit, invest and do business. If I am selected for this scholarship, it will create an international platform for me to promote Irish education, arts and culture, by means of social media, blogs and vlogs, encouraging more brilliant students to study in Ireland and thus contribute to the Irish economy.

I will be thrilled to organize various cultural events and will also represent Indian culture and art which will promote my country's values and systems. I would be glad to help my fellow students to plan a vacation or two in India, guiding them with the trip instructions and suggestions, thus promoting Indian tourism.

Overall, Ireland's investment in my education will equally benefit all stakeholders in the long run. I'm confident that this holistic education and diversity of experience undoubtedly, will serve me well in the future.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@stella898
Hello there. Welcome to the forum. Let me provide you with writing feedback on your essay.

First and foremost, try to create more concise sentences through utilizing writing techniques that'll help you cut down on the overall structure. For instance, in your first sentence, you could have opted to say: "My professional and personal aspirations lead to project management." Notice how simply merging altogether your words will help you curate smoother sentence flows.

When describing particular events, try to also focus your attention on prioritizing fluidly your thoughts. When structuring content, you can then focus on the personal or the professional aspect of your goals. Having a directed focus will help you create more depth in your writing.

Best of luck as always.
OP stella898 2 / 3  
Thank you for your feedback Maria.

Also, do you think adding my personal background to the introduction would help personalise the essay a bit more?

-Stella

Home / Graduate / What is the benefit of becoming a GOI-IES Scholar?