Home / Graduate   % width NEW!

Ms in Bioscience and Regulatory Affairs (Pharmacy Administration, Forensic Pharmacy)

kittunani 1 / -  
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

Applied for: Ms in Bioscience and Regulatory Affairs

With the current innovation and integration of medicine, technology and business, a need for increased regulatory compliance is imperative to ensure reliable and safe products are available to the public so that we may continue to lead healthy lives. As a candidate for graduate study in Regulatory Affairs at John Hopkins University, I am eager to expand my academic skills in helping people healthier lives by using my knowledge in health care and medicine and combining my curiosity in bioscience. I feel John Hopkins University has a great reputation in academic leadership and I would bring to this graduate program my dedication and be deciplined at my studies.

My undergraduate program have proven me that my education is far from complete. When studying my Bachelor degree in Pharmacy, I have got a chance to expose myself to the basics of administration of Pharmaceutical industries which has fueled my interest in learning the process of Approval from Food and Drug Administration and other laws that regulate Manufacturing, Marketing and advertising of Drugs, Pharmaceuticals and Health care devices to ensure that they are safe and effective and I would like to enhance my knowledge by joining into an Ms program which will assist me in gaining that knowledge and to gain intellectual, cultural, ethical understanding and awareness needed to become leaders and innovators in global society.

My interest in liaison with Regulatory affairs started with the basics of subjects in my bachelor degree like Pharmacy Administration, Forensic Pharmacy, etc., and also some regulations included in subjects like Biopharmaceutics &pharmacokinetics, and Dosage Form Design. A subject called Dosage Form Design & Novel Drug Delivery Systems helped me to know about GMP, Quality Assurance and Evaluation of various types of Drugs and other health care products. These subjects have captivated me to go for Masters in Bioscience and Regulatory Affairs.

I have done an additional course in 'Leadership for Organizational Effectiveness and Growth' from which I learnt basics about the Organization, its laws and ethics. I find immense pleasure and satisfaction in taking up responsibilities, managing, convincing and problem solving. I have always employed my ability to communicate in building good relationships, influencing people and expressing my opinions without offending. I took up the responsibility to Organize debate, group discussions, fest like 'TECHNOTSAV' held at our college and worked as a tuitor for higher classes where I am prone to various kinds of doubts, question paper framing, revaluation of papers, which rewarded me impressive leadership qualities and excellent organizing skills. I volunteered for blood donation camp at college, fund raising campaign in school and interschool competitions through which I realized that I possess flexible team working ability. Through my experience of teaching, I have understood that I had a convincing communication strength.

I learnt the basics of Management and behavioural pharmacy during my industrial training and project on the topic 'Manufacturing and Comparative Evaluation of Fast Dissolving Aceclofenac tablets' which helped me to know how to manufacture a product which is safe and passes the regulations specified for that Dosage Form. With this project, I have developed behavioural pharmacy, ethics, team work. I also had an opportunity to present papers and seminars on, Bulk drug industry- opportunities and challenges in India.

I am aware of the hard work involved in acquiring the degree from an institution of international reputation and I am confident of succeeding in the course offered to me at the university and I am sure that I will bring credit to the university. I would be greateful to you if I am accorded the opportunity to persue my studies at your institution and given an opportunity to be able to justify your faith in me.

With a word of Thanks,

Home / Graduate / Ms in Bioscience and Regulatory Affairs (Pharmacy Administration, Forensic Pharmacy)