Brandeis International Business School, International/cross-cultural experiences

a 100 hills 3 / 10  
Hey Every one,
I am stuck with my application to Brandeis International Business school. Been asked about my... '' International/cross-cultural experiences that I bring to Brandeis International Business School and how will this contribute to the classroom?...""

This is the reality;
I was born in Uganda and studied from there till my last year of High school. I then relocated to Rwanda where I did my last year of High school before joining the University. At different stages of my uni in Rwanda, i was involved in a couple of programs and projects that though were not related to my school work, exposed me to lots of people from all over the world. I was always challenged by the numerous international students here for their internships. Why challenged? Because they always managed to make me feel so inexperienced, unprepared academically.With time and through hours of 'curious' conversations I,obviously,zeroed it to our crappy out dated and shallow education systems.

So back to the question, with a hint of my back ground, which is the best way to convincingly answer that question?

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to this

Regards

Douglas
meisj0n 8 / 272 2  
your experience with challenge will help you excel in the classroom. your move with your ability to adjust, and your understanding that there is more to learn as a drive to learn.

to answer, the question, do what you did here. talk about the change, your goals, your experiences.. you somewhat answered it already. just organize those thoughts. good luck~

whats the word count by the way?*
vivien_wang 9 / 31  
I think you could say something about this:

You have been studying with international students, which provides you good chance to know about different people from different cultural backgrounds. Through kinds of communications with international students, you got some information of different economies, enonomic management meathods, and how different governments survive the great turndown. You and your students always try to make some comparisons of similar policies in different countries, which triggered you doing some further researches and learning more. This is quite reasonable and helpful for your further study on International Business...

Hope this might help:)
they always managed to make me feel so inexperienced, unprepared academically.

This is an intriguing theme! Most kids write about some generic experience that did not even necessarily cause any reflection. If you write about your experience with international students as an experience of feeling ill prepared academically, it will really win the reader over.

Remember, this does not need to be about some experience in a club or on a trip, etc; it should be about your perspective, your reflection throughout many multicultural experiences.
OP a 100 hills 3 / 10  
Kevin, Jonathan and Wang, this is really so very helpful.Thanks guys

Home / Graduate / Brandeis International Business School, International/cross-cultural experiences