(business sense, role model, MBA degree) -Statement Of Goals

ambitious1 2 / 3  
Please review what I have so far in my essay and provide any suggestions. Thank You.

Statement of Goals - Business Sense and Model - MBA

Growing up in XXX, XXX as the oldest child in my family, I watched my mother work multiple jobs in order to support my two younger sisters and myself. Observing the obstacles my mother faced due to the lack of a formal education has been my primary motivation for reaching my goal of going to college as well as pursuing my MBA degree through XXX.

As I pursued my undergraduate degree, I worked full-time to provide financial support to my siblings. I consider my ability to support my family while pursuing my degree a major accomplishment. Unfortunately, during this time my undergraduate grade point average (GPA) suffered as result. However, my GPA does not accurately reflect my capabilities. Through the experience of days filled with studying, working, and caring for my little sisters, I am comfortable creating time to study at night and on weekends. While I will continue to make sure I provide for my family, I will never allow my education to suffer.

Since graduating from college six (6) years ago, my career has included various technical roles in business oriented settings. These roles have provided me with the thirst for additional business knowledge. Having a lack of business knowledge has forced me to re-evaluate my career plan and goals.

As I begin a new chapter in my life, I have set several professional goals for myself, and I believe an MBA from XXX will play an integral role in my achieving these goals. My first goal is to sharpen my business sense and continue to develop stronger communication skills. Being able to understand the business impact that technical problems pose will enable me take a more effective approach when searching for solutions. This goal can be reached by cross training in other non-technical business units and continuing to take on new speaking engagements and communication opportunities. My second goal is to continue to develop stronger leadership and management skills. I plan to achieve this goal upon graduating from your MBA program. Your program will allow me to join a top-tier corporation and rotate in different business lines within its leadership development program. I see this as being important to obtaining the necessary management skills needed to reach my long term goal of becoming an entrepreneur. This leads me to my third and final goal, which is to establish my own Information Security Consulting firm. Becoming an entrepreneur has been a lifelong dream of mine. Taking a personal stake in building a product or service that I can call my own while inspiring others, creates great satisfaction for me. This goal can be achieved by reaching the aforementioned goals above, hard work, dedication and a strong desire to learn

With those goals in mind, I feel confident that now is the right time for me to earn my MBA degree. I've chosen the XXX Weekend MBA Program to aid me due to its flexibility, convenience, and quality. An MBA from XXXX University coupled with work experience will increase my overall marketability and build a stronger foundation of business knowledge and skills. I will put the knowledge and skills gained from your program to good use as I overcome the challenges of tomorrow.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good evening.

The essay is good, but I am wondering about it's structure. For instance, is all of the detail about your background as important as your goals? It seems to me that the prompt asks for a statement of your goals, and that should be the main focus of your piece. As it is, it seems like your upbringing and background is more important than the goals you briefly discuss at the end.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP ambitious1 2 / 3  
Good Evening, Thank You Very much I will modify the stucture and try to put more emphasis on goals.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Sounds great; it will then be a much stronger essay.

Good luck!

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon :)

This is much better. Your goals are more organized and clearly defined, and the overall piece flows together much nicer than the first piece. Your background is given proper time and the goals are more "front and center." Nice work.

A few mechanical suggestions. For instance, avoid using contractions in formal academic writing. Also, the general rule about numbers is that if it is between one and ten, write it out; if it is 11 or more, it is acceptable to use the numerals.

Best of luck!

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP ambitious1 2 / 3  
Gloria, Thanks alot!
smsunny007 - / 1  
About An MBA - what it can do for developing your career?

An MBA how can develop your carrer
Leah_Writer - / 46 4  
An MBA degree can help develop your career in a lot of ways, depending on what career you are hoping for within the world of business. Think about what MBA program you're applying for, and what its specific strengths are. That might help you tailor your essay to the particular program you're applying to. Some general ways an MBA can help your career include helping you make networking connections, honing your communication skills, and making sure you understand leadership and how to manage people, as well as giving you experience in this field. I hope that helps!

Home / Graduate / (business sense, role model, MBA degree) -Statement Of Goals