'my career as a Visual Artist' - Statement of Purpose for Graphic Design Course

sweetjhanvi 1 / 4  
Hie...i m new here...
i have applied for an undergraduate course for Graphic Design...
and i were to write Statement of Purpose for it...
I have written it but i need to know if its right or no?...
guys please help me with this...
Please...

Thanks in advance...
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------

Statement of Purpose for Graphic Design Course

The main reason why I have applied for this course is to gain right basics. All round knowledge shall help me to grow in better way. I want to learn every aspect which helps me in erudition of all creative sides of advertising. Throughout my education and carrier in design I have been greatly influenced by my teachers, colleagues and the culture surrounding me. I want to learn how to deal with advertising along with its marketing both with the creative and technical aspects of it. I would like to mention one of my personal experiences. I have done Diploma in Commercials Arts where we had to learn Principals of Design, Photography, Illustration, quick Sketches etc. almost the same subjects as in this course. While studying in college I was working with an art gallery too as Graphic Designer. Whatever I use to study in college I used to imply in my print work then. At times creating design by using Principles of Design like Isolation, Repetition and at times making quick Sketches and trying to look at same object with different angles and by clicking pictures and trying to put thoughts forward and it helped me in a way. I got practical experience and the gallery was too benefited with implication of my certain ideas.

As a freelancer too at times I could easily connect with the product and its target audiences because I now had an inspiration as how to create ideas from what I learned. So If I was studying Diploma course in common which helped me to grow then I wonder if I specialized in Graphic Design course, only then I think there are tones of opportunity for me to grow big and bigger.

I also think that one should have complete knowledge of what he does and by studying this course it will help me to gain good knowledge about the use of Graphic Design in a particular better way. Once I have the knowledge and understanding I can communicate and advertise in predictable and fruitful way. Particularly visual and social communication of a result-oriented type can really work wonders to generate ideas and solve problems. As I have seen that the potential for creative output, the quality of the initial idea and thinking behind it assumes greater importance.

Last but not the least to be on the top of the chart master techniques quick brain game is needed which comes from studying the course and thus College-name. The College-name is a well established institution for the Arts, and studying there will not only give me the strong foundation and creative insight that I am looking to learn on the course but also improve my credentials as a visual artist and designer. Since it is part of the College-name, interactions with recognized designers during courses, workshops and critiques will provide opportunities that I will not possibly enjoy in other art schools. And also being located in London, one of the most vibrant and influential cities makes it an even better choice for choosing CollegeName for my Graphic Design course.

By doing this course I want to start on the process of researching and planning my career as a Visual Artist, the best in the art field and leading name in the advertising world. I want to grow and make my presence for now nationally and after few years internationally and for that no better than College-name.
Liebe 1 / 542 2  
The main reason why I have applied for this course is to gain right basics. All round knowledge shall help me to grow in better way. I want to learn every aspect which helps me in erudition of all creative sides of advertising. Throughout my education and carrier in design I have been greatly influenced by my teachers, colleagues and the culture surrounding me.

^I think you can do with removing this. It is fairly cliched and not particularly informative or convincing enough to make you a strong applicant for consideration, in my opinion.

I want to learn how to deal with advertising along with its marketing both with the creative and technical aspects of it. I would like to mention one of my personal experiences. I have done Diploma in Commercials Arts where we had to learn Principals of Design, Photography, Illustration, quick Sketches etc. almost the same subjects as in this course. While studying in college I was working with an art gallery too as Graphic Designer. Whatever I use to study in college I used to imply in my print work then. At times creating design by using Principles of Design like Isolation, Repetition and at times making quick Sketches and trying to look at same object with different angles and by clicking pictures and trying to put thoughts forward and it helped me in a way. I got practical experience and the gallery was too benefited with implication of my certain ideas.

^First sentence is practical. You can d with removing the second sentence however.
I dont see how you acn ''ímply'''your studies.
How do these experiences relate to your course though? Id advise making the connection stronger and suggest how you can transfer any skills you have developed to the course you are applying for.

^I do not quite understand the point you are making in the second sentence.

^Your first sentence is just a generalization and misuses pronouns.
Knowledge and understanding...of what?
communicate and adverstise...what?
A fairly unclear paragraph.

^
On top of a graphics chart???
how is a well established instituion?
your last sentence needs grammar revision.

I am assuming that you are applying to the Central Arts of London in that case.
I suggest being more specific about your graphics course and how you expect to benefit from the course , how you are suited for the program and Uni, and why you feel that you should study there.
OP sweetjhanvi 1 / 4  
Thanks Liebe...
i got your points...
Thanks a lot for the help...
i will revise it soon and re-post it...
Thanks a lot...really appreciation it...
OP sweetjhanvi 1 / 4  
hey Liebe...
Am I on the right track now??

Statement of Purpose

Right from the days of my schooling, art has always interested me. I have participated in all extra curriculum activities of my school related to art, whether it is sketching competition, painting, designing banners, craft etc. Art was always my interest which turned into passion. And when I realized that, I knew that it was in the field of art I would have to grow and develop myself in.

Throughout my education and career in design I have been greatly influenced by my teachers, colleagues and the culture surrounding me. Perhaps now one of my greatest influences is in the city were I live, Mumbai, India. I have worked most currently with an art gallery as a graphic designer. My work has often related to the roots and values that the community is built upon such as sustainability, youth enhancement, fashion and the arts. The design principals, photography, illustration, etc that I have learned till now have motivated and inspired me as I have grown as a designer and I often look back to my teachings when I am approaching a design problem. In addition, I avidly keep looking at design blogs and publications where new ideas and topics are being discussed. I have always felt most passionate about work that teaches, informs and provokes thought. As an undergraduate student, I intend to build upon these principals and interests, and explore new ways of practicing and thinking about design.

After graduating from high school, I did Commercials Arts from B.D.Somani. During my studies there, I developed a solid background in graphic design and embarked on a variety of projects that tested my existing skills as well as introduced new techniques to add to my skill set. Throughout my studies, I've had the opportunity to be taught by an instructor who has had decades of experience in the graphic design field, giving her students a first-hand look into the graphic design field not only from a designer's perspective, but also from a business perspective as well. I've also participated in many design workshops in association with institutes of advertising, inter collegiate poster competitions, calligraphy & performing art workshops and so on gaining valuable experience and several opportunities to network with others in the graphic design field.

Along with the experience I have gained through my design education and professional encounters, I have maintained a strong interest and participation within the fine arts. As a student I studied painting, drawing and other fine arts and crafts. During that phase I worked with an art gallery in their studio and as the designer of their catalogs and marketing materials for their show of new paintings. Working with them I developed a keen eye for color while mixing specific colors in their studio. In the art gallery I tried understanding and appreciating painter's abstract work closely, I observed their process on the body of work they were producing. My knowledge and engagement in these areas have integrated in my design work today, and is something I feel could be explored further and can develop my own self-expression in design.

In a graphic design program, I look forward to strengthen my passions for design and further developing the areas in which I have had experience with. In addition to it, I am eager to learn new skills in other areas of design that I have not had the opportunity to explore during that time. I am confident that I will generate original work and emerge with a self-knowledge of the potential that I may reach as a designer.

I want to expand my horizons in a busy, stimulating environment where students can play an active part in course and develop themselves and thus London College of Communication. It's a well established institution for the Arts and studying there will not only give me the strong foundation and creative insight on the graphic design course but also improve my credentials as a designer. Since it is part of the London College of Communication to work on real life projects, gain information, advice and guidance on taking freelance work, becoming self employed or running our own business I am keen to acquire knowledge from such an excellent college. Also being located in London, one of the most vibrant and influential city, it makes even a better choice for choosing London College of Communication for my Graphic Design course.
OP sweetjhanvi 1 / 4  
Can any 1 help me please...
please tell me if i m right or not...???
have applied for an undergraduate course for Graphic Design...
guys please help me with this...
Please...

Thanks in advance...
I have participated in all extra-curricular activities of my school related to art, whether it is including sketching competition, painting, designing banners, crafts, and so forth.

Art was always my interest, and it turned into passion. And When I realized that, I knew that it was in the field of art in which I would have to grow and develop. myself in.

...from high school, I studied did Commercials Arts from at B.D.Somani.

In a graphic design program, I look forward to strengthening my passion f or design and further developing the skills I have already acquired. the areas in which I have had experience with . In addition, to it, I am eager to learn new skills in other areas of design that I have not had the opportunity to explore. during that time . I am confident that I will generate original work and emerge with a self-knowledge, able to fufill my potential that I may reach as a designer.

I want to expand my horizons in a busy, stimulating environment where students can play an active part in course and develop themselves: London College of Communication. It's a well established institution for the Arts and studying there will not only give me the strong foundation and creative insight on the graphic design course but also improve my credentials as a designer. Also being located in London, one of the most vibrant and influential city, it makes even a better choice for choosing London College of Communication for my Graphic Design course. Since it is part of the London College of Communication, I can work on real life projects; I can gain information, advice and guidance on taking knowledge about freelance work, becoming self employed or running my own business. I am keen to acquire knowledge from such an excellent college academic institution.

(I changed the last part because it sounds funny to say "knowledge from the college" (i.e. it sounds like a sing-song sort of rhyme.)
OP sweetjhanvi 1 / 4  
THANKS KEVIN...
THANKS FOR ALL THAT HELP...
THANKS A LOT.
i got your points...
AND i revised it ...
Thanks a lot...really appreciate it...
haha you are welcome!! I hope you'll continue to participate here when you have time! :-)

Home / Graduate / 'my career as a Visual Artist' - Statement of Purpose for Graphic Design Course