PA CASPA Narrative - First time applicant

michsama 1 / -  
When considering a future career, I am forced to look at the type of individual I have become. Ever since my first summer job as a lifeguard and my high school anatomy class, I found the human body fascinating. I felt that this was a topic I could continue to expand my education on for the rest of my life and never become complacent about. While learning for the rest of my future sounds enjoyable, I know that only learning will not be satisfying for me. I want to have the opportunity to use that knowledge. I have learned that there are two factors that have the biggest influence on my drive towards choosing a career to pursue.

The first factor is the fear of becoming jaded. I have always worried that I would struggle with a career such as a 'desk job'. While I like routine, I am apprehensive about doing something I find boring for my life career. After becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant, I enjoyed the routine that made the day go by quickly and I loved the experiences and interaction with other individuals. I found the routine of paperwork and schedules mixed with the hands-on experiences interesting and gratifying. When looking at the career of a physician assistant, I see parallels in skills I have picked up as a nursing assistant. While in much more depth; paperwork, schedules, and studying illnesses so that I can treat and diagnose an individual as a physician assistant would greatly relate to a routine. While the hands-on experiences such as making rounds, helping in procedures, and examinations would be keep the job interesting and stimulating. While I know every job has its ups and downs, I feel that as a physician assistant there would be an excellent balance between routine and new experiences.

The second, and most important, factor is my motivation to make a difference. I do not want to become insignificant or have a job that is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. I believe that everyone has the desire to help other people, so I do not want to use this as a main point towards my motivation towards becoming a physician assistant. However, I cannot think of a better environment to work in than with individuals who feel that same desire to make a difference, and have worked to become a part of a team that's job is literally to help others. I have always loved working with other individuals and I think that with teamwork, more goals can be reached than if we all worked alone. I have been in athletics my entire life, including throughout college, and have had many years to learn the value of a team. When I think of working in an environment focused on helping others with team members who have that same goal, I think of the quote, "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." My drive towards becoming a physician assistant is based off this idea; to become a vital part of a healthcare team where everyone is passionate about their work and the individuals they are serving.

In conclusion, I believe I have the enthusiasm needed to excel in a physician assistant program and pursue this as a lifelong career. When looking at a career of a physician assistant, I see an individual who is an important member of group health care providers. I have the motivation and drive to become that individual.
First, it's good if you have included the prompt with your response. Then we can understand what sort of information it requires from you.

When considering a future career, I am forced to look at the type of individual I have become

... I am a bit confused about the reason why you wrote this line. Again, it may be because I don't know the prompt.

Ever since my first summer job as a lifeguard and my high school anatomy class, I found the human body fascinating.

Did you work as a lifeguard before taking the high school anatomy class?

Home / Graduate / PA CASPA Narrative - First time applicant