China and many developing countries suffer severe smog, unlimited waste and polluted water

Moonkin 1 / -  
Pursue Reason essay for MSC in Environmental Engineering at NTU, Singapore

China and many developing countries suffer severe smog, unlimited industrial and household waste and polluted water, which strengthens my resolve to learn Environmental Engineering.
Now, I am pursuing a bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering and Technology in East China University of Science and Technology (in Project 211) and in Environmental Engineering in Fachhochschule Luebeck in Germany. This provides me a with comprehensive knowledge about Chemical and Environmental Engineering such as waste water process, waste management and air purification process.

Accidentally, I gained myself an opportunity to have an internship in Wusong Gas Plant, in July 2013, where I first contacted actual projects and technologies, such as dry flue gas desulfurization by ferric hydroxide and activated sludge process for industrial wastewater treatment. Also, an internship in Shanghai Environmental Monitoring Center, in October 2013, helped me to have a numerical comprehension of environmental pollution, such as water quality standard, and a detailed understanding of environmental monitoring devices.

However, what I learned is not enough to improve the environmental quality, while I knew that there is the Environmental Engineering master programme in Nanyang technological University which highly coincide with my specialty. Moreover, I am sure that this would be an essential step towards my target.
It seems like 'processes' will work better here:
...such as waste water processes , waste management, and...

Accidentally, I gained myself an opportunity to have for an internship in... --- I crossed out workds that can be omitted, and with fewer words the sentence is stronger. It hits the reader's mind harder.

Also, an internship in Shanghai Environmental Monitoring Center, in October 2013, helped me to... -- I think it's not helpful to specify when it was done.

Use a semi-colon:
...improve the environmental quality; I knew that there is was the Environmental Engineering master programme in Nanyang technological University which highly coincided with my specialty.

: )

Home / Graduate / China and many developing countries suffer severe smog, unlimited waste and polluted water