I am compelled to play many roles; SOP - Msc in Entrepreneurship

raashipachisia 2 / 1  
Hi
Please read the following SOP. Any criticism and feedback is welcome.
And if someone could suggest an interestin quote or something for the end that would be great.
Thanks..

Statement of purpose

There is a popular axiom that one's goals are achieved at the point when one's horizons intersect the boundaries of reality. These of course are not pre-determinedly rigid points of intersection but are nurtured by the intensity of ones determination to succeed and ones degree of resilience. So the more the desire and urge to achieve something, the more achievable the goal becomes.

I discovered this when I was studying Design at the National Institute of Fashion Technology in Hyderabad, and since then becoming an entrepreneur in this challenging world has always been my ambition. Therefore, with a specialization in Furniture and Interior Product Design and work experience in Aamir and Hameeda's Interior Design firm which is currently on Forbes' Top 7 interior designers list, I decided to branch out by myself in the same field and opened my own furniture and interior design firm ï The Inside Story.

In a short span of six months, the company started gaining popularity and projects started rolling in, pushing me to focus on building my own team to support my aspirations. Although I have recruited many members in my team, I am compelled to play many roles. Besides designing, I am actively involved in client relations, public relations, sourcing, site supervision and execution of the various aspects of the interiors such as the electrical, plumbing, carpentry etc. I work on a bar bending schedule, keeping an account of the progress of the various sites and check if the implementation is being done according to the plans.

At this stage, I believe, to make this a consolidated success, I have to hone my skills in the area of management, decision-making, marketing and strategic planning. The MSc program in Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Management at Imperial College will help me do just that, enabling me to combine my designing skills with the right knowledge of entrepreneurship. Not only will it help me theoretically, but with practical modules such as Business Simulation, Business Plan Competition and Consulting Project, which I am highly drawn to, it will also help me apply the theory in the real world. The course will help me develop my confidence in planning strategically, taking well calculated risks, managing competitive scenarios and developing an efficient team.

I have chosen to study in the UK because it offers a world-class, multicultural environment to study in and also provides an opportunity to meet people from varied demographics and traditions. This multi-faceted exposure will enhance my core knowledge of design and, the design heritage of architecture in UK will further enrich my designing style and add another dimension to my work at The Inside Story.

After finishing my course, I will continue tirelessly to make The Inside Story, an exclusive and well-established firm. I also aim to expand into the related fields of Architecture and Construction.

My interests in interior design are not just limited to ongoing design. I am currently doing a research in Green design. Not only do I want to incorporate this technology through the use of eco-friendly materials but also by conceptualizing the use of space in my designs so as to ensure maximum ventilation and natural light and minimum usage of non-renewable resources.

This is being done in large structures in the world, and I aim to use it in small spaces such as residences and stand alone offices. In one of my ongoing projects, I have done wall cladding with natural jute weaving and also used discarded items to make furniture.

I am also confident that I will succeed as I am backed by my passion for the subject, my concentrated diligence, and practical experience in the field. I possess the natural leadership and communicative abilities required, as I was the School Captain and Editor-in-Chief of my school newspaper for three consecutive years. I also have the self-confidence to hold my own abroad as I have represented my school in a youth exchange program where students from India and Pakistan met and discussed issues prevailing between the countries. I have also done a survey on current Interior Trends and Furniture Trends, with an extensive study conducted and research collected by my travels to various places such as Dubai, China and the various cities in India

The most distinctive feature of my life has been the enormous variety and diversity of my experiences. I have deliberately set out to immerse myself in every facet of life because I aim at a holistic learning. Not only have I ranked 1st in the State for the Ramanujan Math Olympiad, but also won many trophies in inter-school art contests, and have also been made the Junior Editor at school level for a national daily- Times of India.

I also have a special place in my heart for underprivileged women in India. I volunteer at an NGO named SAFA, which helps women use their skills to make products, which are then sold, thus teaching them to support themselves. I help by giving them designs for the products and also market their products in U.S.A.

Challenges are like fuel to dynamism, as they provide inspiration and confidence to outstrip any hurdle. Being a go-getter by nature I have always set high quality targets and then spared no efforts in achieving them. I look forward to my stay in the UK as a life changing and enhancing experience.

For me, it will encompass the metamorphosis from an eager and enthusiastic amateur to a seasoned professional.
k_shivaram24 1 / 1  
Mentioning the reason why you are choosing a specific university in UK might show that you have some specific goals that you wish to achieve by joining **** university

Home / Graduate / I am compelled to play many roles; SOP - Msc in Entrepreneurship