COURAGE, AMBITION & CRAVING for KNOWLEDGE; Petroleum Engineering ; Personal Statement

kayyeah 1 / -  
Personal Statement

Unremitting adherence to high standards is reflected in every single facet of my background. I uphold this principle whether in maintaining good scholastic standing, cultivating decent personality, or engaging in various practices. My capacity for achievement can be attributed to three factors: courage to create opportunity for myself, strong ambition to achieve goals, and my insatiable craving for knowledge. Yet again, I set the bar higher for myself through endeavoring to acquire advanced training by applying Ph.D. program in Petroleum Engineering in your esteemed University.

All my pursuits thus far are results of my long-time interest in petroleum engineering. When I was a high school student in 2008, the global economy was damaged by the financial crisis which spread from the sub-prime crisis of USA. However, this crisis had little influence on the energy company. Curious and fascinated about this industry, I made a determination to choose this major as my undergraduate profession.

Not only did I assemble strong interest in field of petroleum engineering, I laid a firm foundation for my future study at Southwest Petroleum University. I achieved good mastery of basic research skills and knowledge in the courses of Exploitation of Oil and Gas Engineering, Oil and Gas Development Geology, Engineering Fluid Mechanics, Permeation Fluid Mechanics, and Drilling Engineering etc. To my industrious studying at university, my GPA for the undergraduate program reached3.34, making me the best student among all the 40 students in the department.

I excelled on most of these courses and made myself fully prepared for more advanced learning. However, exposure to theoretical fundamentals did not quench my thirst for more in-depth understandings of petroleum engineering. So I participated various practices like metal processing technology practice, gas meter maintenance practice in my university. And the event was a crowning glory in my academic life when I was honored with the opportunity to intern in the Drilling Research Laboratory of Southwest Petroleum University as the assistant. Professor HE Shiming assigned me to help him in the research of the new technology development of oil and gas drilling, rock mechanics etc. This experience let me learned how to combine textbook knowledge with practic application.

In recognition of my outstanding performance, my course teacher SUN Huaiyu, who taught me Oil Field Chemistry, delightedly recommended me to the cementing Laboratory supervised by Professor LI Zaoyuan. This time I am responsible for assisting Pro. LI to carry cementing project and oilfield chemical additive scientific research work. Never daunted by the rigorous assignments, I looked for many relevant books and searched on the internet to dispel doubts confronted in the progress of assisting Pro. LI. However, I realized communication with the experts and professionals is the most efficient way of accumulating knowledge. Thus, I often consulted professor LI about the latest information, application, field work experience etc.

But my biggest achievement in this period is my publication named Research and Evaluation of Potassium Silicate Polyol Drilling Fluid as the third author. It was published on the Chinese core periodicals of Petrochemical Technology, which is the first one hundred Chinese outstanding academic journals, the second national journal award nominaee, and high-quality Chinese journal of science and technology. We often stayed up without any complains. Exhausted and frustrated sometimes, still whenever there was a little progress, we would be encouraged and excited to continue the experiments without knowing days and nights. Anyway, to me, progress is equally important to results. Also, I published"Construction and Consideration of America's Underground Gas Storage" in Journal of Petroleum Science Research(JPRS). This journal is published by American V-King Scientific Publishing, LTD .

The above valuable research experience with the best professors in the country were stimulating and encouraging. My goal of becoming a professional expert as excellent and seasoned as Professor HE and Professor LI also become clear to me. Oil and gas, as an important source of energy, is the life blood of our modern economy. With our country's production development and constantly updating in oil and gas enterprise personnel, there is a huge need for high-level technical application-type talents who possess high scientific and cultural quality and professional skills. In the global, the growth rate of world oil demonstrated reserves is lower than the rate of output and consumption. Oil as a scarce resource will be further embodied. Therefore, dedicating in petroleum engineering, especially the exploitation of oil and gas wells industry, enjoys a good prospect.

In addition, I seized every opportunity to cultivate my all-around ability, such as production practice in Aoteng, sales promotion in Telecom, advertising planning in Hongtai. My interpersonal skills, independent ability, and courage and determination in facing challenges have been greatly enhanced.

I believe my academic backgrounds and practical experiments have provided me well with a firm foundation for my future success in this discipline, and I sincerely wish to grow with you so I can equip myself with the crucial skills and knowledge needed to make contribution to petroleum engineering and to be an outstanding engineer. For the achievement of this goal, your program is my best choice, not only because of the vigorous academic atmosphere, but more due to your great academic objectives to promote innovation, originality and courage in this field. With your seasoned guidance, I am confident that my dream will come true very soon.

Finally, I want to thank you for your consideration of my application.
I believe my academic backgrounds and practical experiments have provided me well with a firm foundation for my future success in this discipline, and I sincerely wish to grow with you so I can equip myself with the crucial skills and knowledge needed to make contribution to petroleum engineering and to be an outstanding engineer.

I believe my academic background and practical exposure have provided me with a firm foundation in this discipline. I now wish to grow further with you by acquiring more advanced knowledge and skills in view of making my contribution to the field of petroleum engineering as an outstanding engineer.

Good luck with your application!

Home / Graduate / COURAGE, AMBITION & CRAVING for KNOWLEDGE; Petroleum Engineering ; Personal Statement