Home / Graduate   % width NEW!

Describe an innovative solution to address a specific challenge - MBA

jackson99 3 / 1  
Question: describe an innovative solution to address a specific challenge.

Growing up in the home of a single mother in a blue-collar area was challenging. In spite of this adversity, I was the first person in my family to have attended college after completing high school. During college, I landed a volunteer teaching position with Chia-Yi County Library. During my tenure at the Library, I was able to pursue a population of students that no one had served before.

These students were disengaged regarding their college futures; however, we were able to offer students from the poorest schools in Joint College Entrance Exams. It was commonly believed that these students were not interested in being helped, which had prevented the Library from pursuing an aggressive marketing strategy in this market pace and I was amongst the few who challenged this notion. I led a program that helped over one thousand students over 4 years throughout Chia-Yi County significantly improve their JCEE scores. Our after-school program had a 95% completion rate that was the highest in history of almost every school we worked with. Tow years after the inception of the program, the average number of college-going students from these high schools had risen by twenty percent. I had a tangible impact on the community I grew up in.

Working with disadvantaged students and underserved schools has been uplifting. A business that does right will anchor itself within the community. Harvesting the wealth of your surrounding without an appropriate outlet to show your concern for the greater good can create a tenuous relationship with your marketplace. I learned the relevance and understand the value of making my marketplace better because of my presence.

Any feedback is highly appreciate

Home / Graduate / Describe an innovative solution to address a specific challenge - MBA