Describe three things others do not know about you

finik 1 / 1  

the three things others do not know about you

Clause No I. Emine Erdogan was looking at my fashion illustration and asking me questions through an interpreter. I was feeling a frenzied level of excitement to meet such a well-known person. Although I tried to respond to her questions in a professional way as much as possible and not to reveal that emotional tornado I was experiencing. I was in 8th grade of school, since my great interest, I used to participate in various drawing contests regularly. I became one of those who were honored with a meeting with the First Lady of Turkey for my accomplishments. She visited our school in the framework of cooperation with the Turkish organization. She complimented me for my work, and got fascinated towards my one particular fashion sketch. Considering that being a fashion designer was a dream of my childhood, I was flattered with that kind of deep concernment about my work. However, through the years my interests started changing, therefore this is nevermore my passion.

Clause No II. During this time of adolescence, besides my interests, my attitude to things also appeared to change. I remember being bullied by my classmates for my weight, height (I have always been tall) and the way I looked. Because of that I was ashamed to look in the mirror, I criticized myself extremely. I came into wearing makeup, making restrictions in food. Fortunately, I have always had my family who openly spoke if they noticed negative alterations in me. I did not do any therapy, however my family saved me from the serious consequences of self-hatred. I realized that I was being over judgmental not only of myself, but also of other people, hence I did not want to spread of haight, which I myself once received. After all, only the strongest are able to stop the cycle of negativity, and I am the one.

Clause No III. After a period of such comprehension, I discovered a lot about myself. Perhaps the bullying trauma was the starting point of my maturation. I began to accept my persona in an unusual way. I was afraid to imagine being a model earlier. Now I am taking the first steps in this direction. Without telling my friends, I attended the casting. Obviously, I can not say that I am ready to devote myself to work as a full-time model. On the other hand, I am still willing to try something new and overcome my fears. I perceive it as an additional opportunity to uncover my potential. Who knows, maybe I will be the next Gisele Bundchen? Okay, I am kidding, I will not dream too much.

All those things I have mentioned in these three clauses are hidden from most people I see constantly. I sincerely hope there will be a fourth clause where I will narrate on how I am studying MBA in KNU, and how I am no longer keeping such things secret to share my story with others.
I am not sure why the writer decided to use clauses in the presentation rather than proper transition sentences. Such formatting would have created a more fried presentation as opposed to this choppy and sudden topic changes. If this exercise is meant for language practice, then all the more the enumeration style of presentation is incorrect. I wish the writer had provided the complete writing instructions so I would have had a better idea as to why this format was used for the presentation.

The first experience does not seem like a secret. Meeting these people of note in a public setting ensures people know about it. This type of prompt is usually related to certain quirks, eccentricities, interests, hobbies, and other activities that can be enjoyed alone. These accomplishments and struggles are more of the public or family knowledge kind. I do not believe that there narrations meet the writing instructions.
OP finik 1 / 1  
Thank you for the feedback! This is an application essay. The first point was mainly about hobby of creating design sketches, this is someting I enjoy doing alone. The point was not about meeting. I just thought mentioning that meeting would be a great way to catch reader's attention, and to make it memorable.

Home / Graduate / Describe three things others do not know about you