Essay for describing academic experience to depict depth of knowledge

sachingupta 1 / -  
Hi Team ,

I am applying for a post graduate course in techno-management , and there is a essay which we need to submit on the following topic:
Please describe your academic background, especially as it pertains to your Track of Expertise.
We'd like to understand the depth of your knowledge, experience, and work in this area.
(limit to 200 words)*

Please find below my attempt at the same and provide your suggestions, as the word limit is just 200 words , so I tried to highlight the diverse knowledge.

#################################################

My academic experience had been a mixed bag in terms of knowledge, and the variety of subjects I have studied since my school days.
Starting with medical in school to general sciences during graduation, and then to Computing Systems in post-graduation.

I studied telecommunications, networking and software programming as my majors during post-graduation.
And it was during this period, that I designed an application prototype for Nokia Mobile Innovation program themed around Agriculture. The application enabled easy identification of the plant diseases and help farmers in taking appropriate remedial actions.

My tenure at Hughes Co. and Royal Bank of Scotland - aptly complemented my academic experience with practical insights.
Ranging from mobile devices to server side applications, for telecommunication, finance and automotive domains I leveraged opportunities and challenges to fuel my quest for knowledge.

I spent 3 months in Elektrobit, USA, learning HMI Designing for automobiles.
Currently , I am working on my first open source project OMapper which aims at providing a simple library to ease the process of mapping objects or beans from one design layer to another design layer, using annotations.

######################################

Thanks ,
Sachin

A clearer closing statement may be appropriate

Home / Graduate / Essay for describing academic experience to depict depth of knowledge