Develop clinical work & research ; Career Goals for MD/MPH program

mgtaxrus87 1 / -  
Prompt: What is your career goal? (100 words)

Immediately following my post baccalaureate program, I want to attend a top ranked metropolitan medical school and residency to better server traditionally underrepresented urban communities. My prevailing goal is to develop a career combining clinical work and research as a physician to be a leader in reducing health disparities for the African American community. My interest in medicine and specifically underrepresented communities is driven by my family and want to help those who need it most.
qazal 1 / 4  
it's really good how you describe your goals in just 100 world.maybe you could just add some information about your previous studies or specific topics you are interested .
admission2012 - / 477 90  
Whenever an essay is limited to 100 words or less, that signals that they are really testing your ability to express your desire and drive to do something. As you know Med School is one of the hardest programs to get into. Why would you write;" I want to attend a top ranked metropolitan medical school." Top ranked med school? All med schools are arguably good. What difference would going to let's say Columbia Med provide you over Med School at the University of Alabama in achieving your goals of helping African Americans? Also, what benefit is added to this essay by starting off with; "Immediately following my post baccalaureate program....?" None. My suggestion is to really try to have this statement be more impactful by utilizing the valuable real estate as best as you possibly can. Remove useless fillers and really talk about what you want to do and why you want to do it. With so few words allowed, every word that you write in this statement needs to pull its own weight. -AAO

Hope this helps.

Home / Graduate / Develop clinical work & research ; Career Goals for MD/MPH program