Differnces between our generation and our parents' generation

freemind123 1 / -  
Every generation of people is different in important ways. How is your generation different from your parents' generation? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.

Over the last few decades, widespread development of the technologies and tendency to the globalization affect the various aspects of consecutive generations' life. Specifically, this improvement had a considerably influence on creating a gap between our generation and our parents' generation. This gap caused the difference between these two generations in three important aspects: in the way of thinking, in the way of living and in the way of communicating.

Way of thinking is the most fundamental difference between our generation and our parents' generation. Generally, our parents' attitude is more like a legacy which they received from their ancestors and they have insistence to give it to us as an invaluable treasure. In other words, they just follow their predecessors' lessons, and everything out of these teachings is considered as disobedience. In my opinion, the main reason for such of thoughts is the educational background. Since, they rarely learned to think deeply, they cannot think properly about the opposing views.

The second element which made a difference between these two generations is the way of living. The trivial result of galloping improvement of science and technology is the making changes in the lifestyle. The main change in lifestyle is changes in the behavioral patterns. For example, changing in patterns of eating, drinking and sleeping are the most conspicuous changes in our generations' life. Nowadays, no one pay attention to these styles while our parents' generation was more careful about them, and eat healthy foods and sleep regularly.

The third difference between two these generation is about the relationship. As we go through the modernism we go away from some priceless materials like morality, loyalty, faith and etc. Unfortunately, most of our generation people forgot these values, while our parents' generation was more adhere to these ethics and as a result, they had a more firm family. In my view, this gap is created due to the growing infinite expectations. In other words, when someone needs increase and he or she wants lots of things, they may tempt to achieve those with a dishonesty way. Hence, they cannot be honest to others, even to their family.

In summary, the differences which there exist between our generations and our parents' generation have some pros and cons. With this in mind, we should accept that when we want to achieve something, we may loss something else.
EitanGold 1 / 3  
I dont no if this will help but in this part of your essay
"Way of thinking is the most fundamental difference between our generation and our parents' generation"
what was they key in making us not want to take the legacy.
Alyssa 3 / 6  
Hi, I think your argument is good but it would be much better if you improve something.
(1) Be aware of your grammar! Like "differences" or
The third difference between two these generation ===>>> should be "these two"
(2) Decide the genre- It seems that you want to write "compare and contrast" about the differences between two generations
so you have to decide which method you are going to apply in your essay: block or point by point.
You just wrote about parents' generation. How about our generation?
(3) You cannot develop new idea in your concluded paragraph.

Hope these suggestions will do helpful! ^^

Home / Graduate / Differnces between our generation and our parents' generation