My dream is to be a researcher! ; Masters in Civil Engineering

padma420 1 / 3  
"You(my mom) should admit him(me) in second grade(Class two in our country respect)" hearing it from head of the School where I preferred to admit in first grade sitting beside my mom after interviewing by him my mission was started. Today as a 24-year-old individual I perceive that life for me has been a process of conscious evolution. The most integral part of this growth is the value system imbibed in me by my parents, teachers and my mentors and an intrigued liking for science. This played a vital role in my decision making for the future.

I am Md. Hasibul Hasan, the master architect of my life. So whatever I do should do on my own interest. I choose to do my Ph.D. to shape my dream. My dream is to be a researcher because I want to know, how things are happen and want to find it out in my own way. Let me on step forward to my dream, I choose to pursue my M.Sc. degree in XXXXXXX at XXXXX.

Seven days to go. Making a group of five peoples who are eligible to present in front of a hall-full audience of different countries, making a presentation on Structure Failure in Dhaka City including a survey report from common peoples to technical persons like owners, engineers, well educated individuals, teachers of different Technical Universities had to be done. It was a crazy thing to go for it but I was done. It was early second year of my Engineering, one of my teachers asked me to join an international conference on Quality Control after left by a group who were asked earlier. I was thundered when they (previous group) gave documents of their gathered information to me; it was good for nothing except some pages from Wikipedia. Restless four days and sleepless nights working continuously for making survey ready and done, gathering information to prepare presentation maintaining my class schedules, class tests and assignments made me confident. With a huge applaud it was over and made me pleased and help to think "Yes I can".

My engineering was started with the class of Engineering Mechanics (I) and from that class I am happy to think that this is the subject I am here for. I got highest grade in almost entire subjects of this group named as Engineering Mechanics, Solid Mechanics, Structural Analysis and Design, Fluid Mechanics etc. I have passion to know how things are happen and these are the subjects which explain it very well. How loads are created and distributed on a structure! These are all about math and the more the complex problems are the more the fun to solve it. I can pass all night to solve a problem related to math. In my 1st year of engineering, I had to work more than 36hr without sleep at night to make an assignment ready for the subject Mathematics. I started working with two of my friends after several hours passed by they said goodbye to me. So I worked all alone until I was done and it was only me who had able to do this successfully.

First time I introduced with dynamics in my third year in college and it's really changed my view of thinking about structure under loading like earthquake, wind etc and how vulnerable it would be in our country respect. I am from Bangladesh which is known as developing country and situated in the most earthquake prone area. As developing country, multistoried buildings are commonly built all over the country without considering natural hazards though it is the most important thing to be taken care of. Considering popularity I chose flat slab which is very much vulnerable under lateral loads as my thesis topic as named Lateral Drift Control of Flat Slab Frames. This thesis is worth of 4.5 credits during last year of study. This work was a study on improving the response of reinforced concrete flat slab plate system when subjected to earthquake ground motion by applying some existing retrofit methods like bracing and tube system and a newly proposed shear reinforcement method called ductility reinforcement. The effects of both retrofit strategies are found to be quite positive. A more thorough numerical and experimental study is found necessary to confirm effectiveness.

As I was first guy in my class in my undergraduate, students came to me with their problems and I always tried to solve their problem. As I noticed that almost all problems related to math, I made a decision to do something different for common people which help them to find a way out. Basis on this, I have established a Math Club with the help of a teacher and some juniors. As convener of Math Club, I participated in two Math Olympiads with my team. I managed to publish a magazine from Math Club called Infinity for the first time. I was the Editor of that volume and designer also.

I was selected Convener in my final semester of CE Student Forum which is a socio-cultural organization of the Civil Engineering students of UAP and deals with all kind of extra-curricular activities. As a Convener I had to arrange a picnic, a Camping and all indoor and outdoor games. All this things gave me the opportunity to communicate with different types of people, to lead a group of individual and to learn how to make work done.

It was the presentation that permanently made me thought that I have to do something for my society. It always inspires me to be perfect, be someone who can really help to rid over present situation. So I decide to go for further study. Considering present situation of our country, XXXXXXX is the best suited course for my further study. There is no such course offered in our country. It will be great pleasure for me to pursue M.Sc. degree from you university which is one of great universities and ranked among first 50 Universities in the world. I have passion to mix up with people of different culture who have different point of view and came from different situation. XXXXXXX will give me these opportunities to acquire the versatility needed to reach my full potential as an engineer. I believe that I can prove to be an effective and reliable part of it.
essayhelp101 - / 2  
I have passion to know how things are happen and these are the subjects which explain it very well.

**things happen

As I was first guy in my class in my undergraduate

**the first guy

As I noticed that almost all problems related to math, I made a decision to do somethin

**decided

It was the presentation that permanently made me thought that I have
**think

Over all good essays, some word choice that you might want to fix.
ShantanuB 1 / 2  
Some more grammatical corrections that I thought you should know of

"You(my mom) should admit him(me) in second grade(Class two in our country respect)" - Skip the explanation in the parenthesis, rather explain the situation in the sentence that follows. Today as a 24-year-old individual, I perceive...

Too many small sentences and, subsequently, repeated words up there.. Please consider merging sentences

First time I introduced withto dynamics in my third year in college

I am from Bangladesh,which is known asa developing country and situated in the most earthquake prone area

It always inspires me to be perfect, be someone who can really help to rid over present situationovercome current problems. (Hope this reads better to you)

Genuine interest reflected from the essay. Just consider polishing the grammar a bit and it should be good to go.
Hope this helps! :)
OP padma420 1 / 3  
Thank you both Shantanu Bailoor and Takahiro Kuwabara for your critique. It will help me a lot.

Home / Graduate / My dream is to be a researcher! ; Masters in Civil Engineering