Education Plan for International Project Management Course

maruko chan 2 / 4 2  
Question: What skills and knowledge do you want to master as a student in the International Project Management Course and how do you plan to utilize your learning after completion of the program?

International Project Management Course expectation and aims for the future

Answer:
Vietnam is an emerging economy with high GDP growth rate during years; as a result, we have experienced a booming in the number of companies as well as credit demands. Nevertheless, in contrast to high demands, Vietnam capital market grows slowly, according to the statistic of National Finance Committee, 80% capital come from the banking system, the ratio of the value of companies on the stock market to GDP at 30% and the value of the bond market is negligible. Aware of the effect of such imbalance on economy growth, Vietnam government has issued many encouraging policies; in which, one main measure is enhancing the corporate governance and internal control of companies, then building steps by steps the transparency of market and investor's trust, and increasing money invested on the market from not only domestic but also international sources.

However, as I had a great chance to access many Vietnamese suppliers of XXX during over 3 years of working, most of them have a vague image about corporate governance and internal control. This situation might be the result of the fact that most our administration knowledge coming from state companies which are profoundly influenced by socialism and no longer suitable in the modern and global economy; so we need the transference of corporate governance knowledge and standards from developed countries. Therefore, I would like to study two things from IPROMAC. Firstly, via the course, I could get a great chance to approach the research and knowledge about modern governance standards in particular and business administration in general from not only Japan but also other developed countries at a top research center of the world - Kyoto University; then utilizing it as a solid foundation for my future projects and career path. Secondly, the skill to apply flexibly the latest global knowledge in corporate governance to Vietnam business practices as our economy unique features.

Then, after completing the course, I want to contribute my effort to improve the corporate governance and internal control of Vietnam companies. So for the first step, I will join the consulting companies and projects to help Vietnam companies to apply flexibly governance standards on their daily business. And combine between information about Vietnam business collected via such job and knowledge from the course, I expect to make effort for build up a corporate governance standard for capital market in Vietnam which is in line with global standard and Vietnam business norms.
Maruko, your essay said a lot of things in relation to your studies and yet still failed to properly respond to the prompt. Rather than wasting the first 2 paragraphs explaining what the problems are in Vietnam, you should be stating the topics that you look forward to learning about in relation to the problems in Vietnam. For example, if Vietnam has a problem in growing its economy, then courses in Economics will be of specific interest to you within the international project management course. Or, if Vietnam has a problem with project completions due to constant worker turnover, then maybe studies in employee management will be of interest and help to you when you return to Vietnam. Your final paragraph does well in responding to how you will be utilizing what you have learned upon your return to Vietnam but, it could use some specific planning on your part. Mention a specific company and how it is involved in the development of the country and why you believe that your studies, in collaboration with work in the company, will result in the realization of your career plans in relation to helping Vietnam grow as a country.

If possible, create a problem presentation at the beginning of the essay. From there, discuss which subjects you how to study that will aid you in developing solutions to the problem that will be specific to the situation in your home country. That way you show and actual application for the classes that you hope to study. That way you more than explain what skills and knowledge you need, which is more important than "want", to master because it has a direct relation to your work requirements and expectations.
OP maruko chan 2 / 4 2  
Thank you so much for your advice.
And as this website, if I want to private service from you, I have to pay a fee. However, I do not find further inf. of such service, so I want to ask for more details about this service such as this fee will include how many time of comments or something like that. I know it might be inconvenient when asking publicly, but I do not know how to find out. Please answer my question. Please fill out the form to see an instant quote and read the Q&A on the bottom of the page, thank you!

Home / Graduate / Education Plan for International Project Management Course