"Engineer" was the only word that attracted me towards itself whenever I thought of my aim in life.

Samad_08 1 / 1  
Master's student SOP for ERASMUS MUNDUS scholarship (Electronics Engineering). Help !

Hello everyone. I have written my motivational letter, i need to know that what mistakes i have made in my SOP as this letter is of high importance for selection. Please go through my letter and spot out the mistakes and share any corrections that are to be made. Thank you !

"Engineer" was the only word that attracted me towards itself whenever I thought of my aim in life. During my childhood, I used to take the tools and start opening the electronic objects at my home to see what's inside them although I always resulted in spoiling those things but I enjoyed doing that. It was due to my father as he has a hobby of repairing home appliances by himself in spare time. I am crazy for computer games, for that I was always curious about building my PC that would fulfill the needs of high graphic games time to time. This made me to go deep inside the world of motherboards, RAMs and especially graphic cards. This made up my interest in electronics. Further I am a kind of person that wants every newly introduced electronic gadget in his hand, that's why I chose "Electronic Engineering" as my field of study to keep myself in relation with electronics.

My goal is to work in an industry of automobiles having dozens of cars manufacturing around me and I am the one responsible for the automation processes being carried out there. I can do restless work being in the midst of such environment.

I have completed my Bachelors of Engineering from Mehran University of Engineering & Technology (MUET). During my four (4) years of bachelors, I worked on a number of projects starting from the mini projects (including power supply, salt tester, fridge door alarm, parking monitoring, weather broadcasting system) to my final year project which is titled as 'Remote Sensing of Physical Parameters'. I participated in various project competitions held at my university as well as I represented my university in a couple of national level competitions. As far as managerial skills are concerned I have been volunteering a number of events at our department and also I was member of the organizing committee of a national event named as NEX'11 (National Engineering Exhibition) where students from all over Pakistan participated which was held at our university.

Sports are an integral part of education, these days sports are a part of academic curricula. I was a member of the football team of my university and played couple of inter-university tournaments held every year in summer.

Germany has some of the best engineering universities of the world that are known for their high quality teaching and the level of research. Just like a common Pakistani student, I also have a dream to study abroad in a reputed institute like Dortmund University, which is one of the best universities in Germany. Studying in Germany would be a great opportunity for me.

If I be given a chance to study in your institute, I'll make the most out from it. It will not only help me to enhance my academic and research skills but also to develop the interpersonal and mutual understanding among the people of different cultures and civilizations that come from all corners of the world.
vincenm 11 / 26  

Your structure is good.

I dont see the point of mentioning your sports skills unless you explain how that will help Erasmus . THry may have a sports club. WOrk on it or remove it.

ANd no need to write four (4). Use any one , not both.

Keep making more drafts and you can make it better.
OP Samad_08 1 / 1  
Thank you so much for the help. I am making changes, will get back to u after i m done. thanks alot :)

Home / Graduate / "Engineer" was the only word that attracted me towards itself whenever I thought of my aim in life.