I factored in a lot of things when I made my decision ; MS Accounting Personal Statement

awaqar714 3 / 8  
Briefly describe your career objectives. Be as specific as you can concerning the types of positions and responsibility levels to which you aspire. Include short-term and long-term goals. Describe how you expect the MS program to help you achieve your goals. (Approximately 700 words.)

----------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------...------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------
My decision to apply to graduate school is one I had to think long and hard about, I had to make a decision to enter the job market this next May or continue my education and pursue a master's degree. I factored in a lot of things when I made my decision to apply but what really pushed me to apply was how much faster you could advance your career with a master's degree. I don't want to go out in the real and reach that point where the only thing that's holding me back from a promotion is that I don't have a master's degree. Also, with a master's degree you have many more career options versus a bachelor's degree.

Applying graduate school has been a very exciting and surreal experience for me. I am the first person in my family who went to college and made it this far. You can say that I ended up in college by chance, during high school I had no intentions to go to college and this showed by my grades and attendance. In high school I was a below average student with a 73 GPA and had to repeated a couple of courses in junior year. After I graduated high school I spent the summer doing some "soul searching" to figure what I wanted to do in life.

During this summer I worked at Matts Mart and met the store's accountant Ramesh Sihgjgla. Ramesh was a practicing CPA who operates his own firm Shjgla Accounting & Tax Services. I developed a strong relationship with Ramesh over the summer and he is the one who encouraged me to pursue a career in accounting and become a CPA. I had numerous talks with him about the profession and its rewards. With this in mind I applied for admission at Joes Community College (MCC) twelve days before the start of the semester to start my journey. After two years at JCC I transferred to University at Joes (UJ) further my pursuit of a bachelors degree in accounting.

At UJ I during my junior year I started researching on what exactly I want to in accounting. After having numerous talks with my professors and peers I developed a keen interest in audit and decided I wanted to become an auditor. My goal is to start my career at one of the Big 4 firms if presented the opportunity. I plan to stay at a Big 4 till I become a manager there and after that I would I like moving on to work for a smaller firm. I wanted stay in public accounting for 10-15 years so I can I have a strong background in the field and make sure I know all the ins and outs. After public accounting, I plan to start my own firm in my hometown Rochester New York where I plan to retire.

To achieve these goals the next step in my journey is getting into a reputable Master's Accounting program. I chose to apply to UJ's MS accounting program because UJ has become a second home for me and minus the weather; I believe it is a great environment for me to excel in. This program will help achieve the 150 Credit requirements for the CPA exam and it will provide me a solid education to help me pass the exam. I am hopeful I will be admitted in to this program and I plan to carry on the UJ brand.
I had to take the call whether I should pursue graduate studies or begin a career in next May. I factored many things into the equation before making this decision, but my prime concern was that how fast I could advance my career with a master's degree. In this exercise I realized two things; First, I should not let myself deprived of situations that my promotions getting differed due to my low credentials. Second, a master's degree have the potential to open more career options for me.
OP awaqar714 3 / 8  
THanks dumi do you think my grammar and punctuation in the rest of the essay is good that was my main concern

Home / Graduate / I factored in a lot of things when I made my decision ; MS Accounting Personal Statement