Home / Graduate   % width NEW!

'fascinated by the miracles brought by Nuclear Energy' -application for master degree in engineering

NhatKhang 2 / 5 1  
Request: Provide a clear and detailed description of your study objectives, and provide reasons for wanting to pursue them at UNIST. Be specific about your specialized interests in this field. Describe the study program you expect to undertake, and explain how your study plan fits in with your previous training and your future objectives

It's my essay, please help me to correct it, I will appreciate any assistance from you to improve it

I have been always fascinated by the miracles brought by Nuclear Energy to human beings. Unquestionably, nuclear energy is a vital key in solving the problems humans being are striving against, energy crisis and global warming. The problem is that the nuclear technology in my country has not been well developed. With my knowledge acquired at university, it suffices to do research in fundamental fields but for advanced nuclear technologies, it is simply not adequate. Mastering in nuclear engineering will offer me a great chance to further dive into novel and interesting findings of engineering.

I desire to be a nuclear engineer with profound skills in designing and simulating reactor core. Due to the fact that there is a plan to build a new Nuclear Power Plant in my country, the demand of designing the plant to optimize the safety is significant. There is no better way to evaluate incidents as well as normal operation processes than simulate the reactor core and observe the neutrons behaviors. I wish to be trained in coding and practical calculations to be competent to design a real reactor core and then I can serve my country in fields of nuclear power.

From a personal perspective, I believe that Republic of Korea, particularly, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology would be an ideal destination for me to achieve my academic goals for following reasons.

Firstly, UNIST is a world leading university in advanced science and technology. Since its establishment in 2007, it has accomplished a great number of achievements such as: World's Top 3 Universities in the Field of Secondary Battery; ranked no 4 nationally in Nature Publishing Index. Consequently, nuclear engineering education programs in UNIST are in state of the art.

Secondly, UNIST offers a great and creative training strategy- All courses are conducted in 100% English only. This is very useful for foreign students whose second language is English because it is not compulsory to learn a new language like other universities in Asia. Furthermore, interdisciplinary education is also available, which means students are able to broaden their cognition diversely.

Finally, scholarships from UNIST are very attractive. It ranked no 4 nationally and offers the best condition for new students to live and study. As a result, it is an optimal school for good and ambitious students. In my opinion, UNIST would be the most appropriate place to obtain my academic goals because I do not have to worry about the tuition fee if I study well.

In order to fulfill my desire, I would like to choose Master program offered in Nuclear Engineering Department. I believe this program will ameliorate my understanding in nuclear technology especially in reactor physics and neutron analysis. Some may say despite understanding theories and mechanisms, insufficiency of practices and experiments will make no success. During my academic years in university, my interest in nuclear engineering has been satisfied in some manners. However, in the date of science being always involved, my knowledge will run out date if I am unable to have access to novel developments and I believe study in UNIST will be a cornerstone to achieve it.

Home / Graduate / 'fascinated by the miracles brought by Nuclear Energy' -application for master degree in engineering