Fashion is a way to self express. We can read a person from how he dresses up

ElenaES 1 / -  
SOP for applying International Fashion Business

I would like to apply the master program in International Fashion Business. Could you give me some suggestion about my SOP below? Thank you very much.

I am applying for admission to the Master's degree program in International Fashion business. I am always interested in Fashion because fashion is a way to express self. We do not have enough resource or time to know a person exactly and directly but we can read a person from how they dress up at first sight. In other words, fashion can present a public culture and personal style. Therefore, I have been fascinated with how role wear in different and diversified movies with different cultures. As the time goes by, Taiwan has being grown some great designer since several years such as Jason Wu. My goal is to create a fashion trend belong Taiwan which combine the advantage of textile industry and the outstanding design. I believe that I can reach the goal through the master program to make right and useful decisions.

In my studying time of university, I gained a lot of knowledge about different cultures with different countries from open teaching style and diversity, and also enhance my acceptation with different things. After graduated for three years , the most impressive class for me is Historical Method. Its thinking pattern helps me to face all challenges and have optimistic attitude in the work.

After graduated from Fu Jen Catholic University, I had worked as travel agent and international trade for several months. I performed very well in different part of job which I never learn before. Because of logical thinking that I learned from school make me have good performance in the work.

I had worked in travel agent as sales that major in selling luxury customized journey in 2012. I figured out how to attract guests come back by creating some special topic such as introducing underwater restaurants and studying characters or activities of each hotel. It only took me six months to make my sales achievement that was same with my direct supervisor. However, I realized that I was interested in marketing by this job. Therefore, I joined Taiwan Flower Technology Co., Ltd. for undertaking more different faces in marketing. I assisted to establish the proposal of tea brand, warehouse management, sales, and shopping website. Besides, I also worked out the sales promotion and budget report.

On the other hand, I had taken the courses of vocational training bureaus for overcoming problems in my work and strengthen the related working skills. For example, marketing strategy, branding, international course, and how we can operate graphic software. I got the opportunity for my third job because of the skill I learned from these courses.

Now, I am in charge for all affairs of acting brand from purchasing and importing to marketing planning, which are my favorite part in this job. It is full by interesting and challenge. For example, I went to discuss the cooperation with a different industry along, and planed the brand events and product launch.

Having gained some work experience, I have strong enthusiasm to combine my work experience and knowledge learns from your program into fashion industry. I am dying for combining my working experience and professional skills to promote the development of Taiwanese brand. In order to achieve this goal, I need more official education to gain related knowledge about how designer to manage their brand.

After surveying International Fashion business in your master program, I believe that I can gain a lot of professional knowledge and observe how British designer manage their brand for preparation of promoting, and use in Taiwanese brand.

Because UK is one of the most important fashion countries, and it also has connection with other Europe countries that make UK has opening and divertive environment. At this advantageous position, I believe that I can combine my favorite part of work to my favorite fashion field by studying in relevant fashion program in UK.

I have being fascinated into a local designer's brand named Fabitoria, which has made making women dress since several years ago. I discovered that the brand of a designer has difficulty to be famous, and it is not acceptable easily in Taiwan business. The most important problem of designer's brand in Taiwan is price because people cannot afford the clothes with high price. The lower price will make the owner of private brand difficult to manage a company. It is really different with other countries to operate designers' brand in Taiwan. Therefore, I would like to observe how British designers operate their own brand and combine with knowledge I learned from International Fashion business in Nottingham Trent University to turn my ambitions into reality.

In order to observe the marketing situation in Taiwan, my priority is become an employee of big scale related fashion companies after graduated. For example, the experiences of this job could be used in assisting Taiwanese designer to manage their own brand.

On the other hand, the number of great designers has been increasing for several years in Taiwan, but there still is not a brand or magnum opus as a leader to guide the fashion trend in Taiwan. That is the reason why I decide to back to school for studying and chose to register this subject. I believe that I can use the knowledge I gain and management I observe in the UK to create a fashion style belong Taiwan.

Thank you for your time and consideration of my application.
Linhpt 2 / 3 2  
I saw some small mistakes in your essay.
Taiwan has being grown some great designers since several years such as Jason Wu.
My goal is to create a fashion trend belonging to Taiwan which combines the advantage of textile industry and the outstanding design
In my studying time of university, I gained a lot of knowledge about different cultures with different countries from open and diverse teaching style and diversity

The most important problem of designer's brand in Taiwan is price because people cannot afford to buy the clothes with high price.
-----good luck-------
Nastasi 3 / 9  
Are there ay questions you need to answer in the SOP? Any guidelines What does it say?

I am always interested in Fashion because fashion

besides don't make "fashion" with Capital letter
"We do not have enough resource or time to know a person exactly and directly but we can read a person from how they dress up at first sight. In other words, " No need in this sentence

Therefore, I have been fascinated with how role wear in different and diversified movies with different cultures. this one as well

There are more grammatical mistakes. I'd suggest revewing and correcting it. And check the relevance - whether you've answered the questions they ask. Correct it and I'll look again

Home / Graduate / Fashion is a way to self express. We can read a person from how he dresses up