I feel a sense of pride in being so closely associated with the field of computer science. MS SOP

vinnyk 1 / 1  
Can anyone please help me complete my

SOP MS in Computer Science at XXX University

Here are the Contents :

In this era of information technology, I feel a sense of pride in being so closely associated with the field of computer science. The computer technology has a life, creativity and a vibrancy that is enticing. The desire to forge ahead in this field by doing cutting-edge research has motivated me to pursue graduate studies.

I grew captivated by computers from a young age and decided that I would be a software engineer despite not fully fathoming the expanse, complexity, and application of the profession. In freshman year of my high school, I chose to learn Java. I began to unravel the logic behind every code and soon it just became intuitive to me. I took the first steps towards my goal by electing to specialize in Computer Science in high school where I learned the basics of C programming, Web Designing, HTML, and C++.

I chose to do my undergraduate studies in Computer Science and Engineering from a prestigious institution XXX. Courses such as Computer organization, Digital Logic Design, Microprocessor Applications laid a solid foundation in the theoretical aspects of the subjects. Practical application aspects were introduced to me through courses such as Object-Oriented Programming Concepts, Data Structures, Relational Database Management Systems, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Embedded Computing System, UNIX, Operating System and Computer Graphics. These subjects gave me systematic insight into various levels of operations and strengthened my interest.

I strongly feel that Algorithms and Data Structures are the core subjects in Computer Science. These fields have both a mathematical flavor as well as the potential for in-depth research which draws me towards them. In my sophomore year, I took part in a 6-day camp on Free Software and Hardware Technologies conducted by Free Software Movement of Karnataka (FSMK). It has been a wonderful first-hand experience in problem-solving, working with small examples, to begin with, developing an intuition for the problem, coming up with objectives, constructing counterexamples against them, modifying the objectives and proving them.

Towards the end of my senior year, I took on a Work-based group project with three of my friends. The project titled "IOT Based Metering and Billing Automation for Gau Gas" was presented at an all-college convention Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers(IEEE). The presentation was well received by the audience as several people and even some senior members expressed their appreciation of my topic and the detailed information that was imparted as part of the presentation. This encouragement truly has boosted my confidence.

In addition to academics, I have participated in competitions held in our college such as "Birds of Feather" sessions, Emerging Trends in Engineering Technology (ETET) national conferences, Engineers day conducted by our department. These activities formed a platform for me to communicate with friends, teachers, and people from other colleges.

Although academics take the front seat, Cricket is my passion. Even though I have never played for a club or any team, I never miss to play it during my free time. Other interests would include Football, Chess, and Travelling. I was also awarded a certificate by "Indian Red Cross Society" for taking part in blood donation camps. This makes me a student with a commitment towards studies, and at the same time, bound to prove myself as an all-rounder, which the xxx University would always look for.

The distinguished faculty and excellent facilities at your university make its graduate program ideally suited to my professional goals. My desire to pursue further studies at xxx University is because it has the most dynamic atmosphere, which will shape me to be a thinker and a learner. The flexibility of the curriculum will give me the broad-based education I need to widen the scope of my knowledge and skills. The diversity of the student body will open my mind to new influences, new ideas and new ways of doing things. I look forward to being an active contributing member of the student community at your University.

Continuous progress is the key to life. And for progress, knowledge and proper guidance are the essentials. I am sure, the quality knowledge and impeccable guidance will mold me to be in the learning mode all my life to open the way for constant growth as a person and a professional.
Vinay, are you writing a personal statement or a statement of purpose? The reason I am asking is because paper that you wrote does not qualify as a statement of purpose due to the content you shared in it. Rather, it contains information that is better suited for a personal statement presentation. This is not an essay that you can use for the statement of purpose as it does not meet the guidelines regarding information to be presented in the essay. You need to write a new statement of purpose that will better reflect the required information. Here is a guideline of questions that can help you write a more proper version of the statement of purpose (per paragraph).

1. Indicate your college course. List any accomplishments during this time. Discuss your college thesis. Explain what the result of your thesis research was and how it relates to your chosen profession.

2. Discuss your current profession. What your position is, what your major responsibilities are and any recognition you received for a job well done.
3. What is it about your current profession that led you to believe that you need to further your academic studies? Indicate both your academic and professional goals at this point.

4. Elaborate on how you plan to use the masters degree to make improvements in your field of work. What kind of future contribution do you hope to make in the field? Why is this a significant contribution in your opinion?

5. What are the reasons you chose this university? How does the university course offerings and training/internship tie in with your current professional needs?
6. Summarize your hopes and dreams for your future say 5 years down the line based upon your completed masters degree.

These information are required in order to strengthen your purpose for study. I hope that you will be able to use these specific guidelines to create a better purpose essay for your application.
OP vinnyk 1 / 1  
Thank you @Holt , that was really helpful for me . I will definitely make the necessary requirements.

Home / Graduate / I feel a sense of pride in being so closely associated with the field of computer science. MS SOP