'First impression' - SOP for UX designer give some suggestions

nehakhatri17 1 / 2  
We live in the age of internet where everything is just a click away and First impression are the most lasting ones i.e. what UX designers do create first impression. It's what we see that grabs our attention and is a major deciding factor to go forward with presented element or not. I remember during school when i attended my first educomp class in sixth standard. We were studying about magnets; More than the chapter i was interested in how was the teacher controlling the screen she would click an icon and an entire new topic would start to play. it seemed like magic at that time and my curiosity started to take birth . In 8th standard when i first got to use the internet, a whole new world emerged before my eyes. All the websites looked so appealing and different and that's how my proclivity towards this field started

I earned my undergraduate degree in animation and visual effects field while specializing in Compositing and lighting (visual effects). I choose this undergraduate field of study because there were no degree course related to human computer interaction field in India and this was the closest course I could find related to my field of interest. As you will notice in my transcript my undergraduate degree has prepared me well for the master's. During my first year I learned photography and graphics which gave me a deep understanding about prespective, compositing, depth and color theory . With that I also learned about advertising and communication skills which gives me confidence about my ability to create and design information from written or oral sources and also a strong ability to openly communicate with diverse people. During my second year I learned some basic programming languages (Jave, HTML) and you will also find I am adept in 2d as well 3D part of the Visual design . My 2d part not only includes working on computer (flash ) but also through sketching , creating motion pictures.

And my last year gave me knowledge about different forms of editing from sound to digital world and I am well informed about the concept of story boarding and script writing which will definitely help me in my masters.I also have indepth knowledge about various softwares which I learned during this period for e.g. Photoshop, coral draw (mentioned in my resume). I also learned Drawing, Painting during my course which will help me in the design part of the course. While my undergraduate degree satisfied my apetite for creativity but my apetite for technology part of it is still lingering.

My academic pursuits have not however, prevented me from participating with interest in various co-curricular activities. I was the house captain during my 8th and 11th standard which helped me in learning the knick knacks of teamwork , leadership, organizing and managing, how to work under pressure and deadlines and have equipped me with strong interpersonal skillsalong with confidence to work as a team or lead to others. Work with people from different background in order to complete a project. After graduating I helped my father to tend with his political life where I learned how to deal with different people , managing his schedules , creating drafts for newspaper, recruiting members for the party etc

This break only made me realize how much passion I have for this field after helping my father it's time for me to pursue my dream . After some research I found the best place to pursue my masters degree is USA. The US has been the chief driver of innovation in computing, and the most innovative and all the top companies in this field are based there. Studying overseas in the US will thus give me not only a greater range of professional skills but also a much broader, more international perspective.

I hope that my background and qualifications are found suitable for ______ at your university. I would be grateful to you if I'm accorded the opportunity to pursue my graduate studies at your institution and am able to justify your faith in me.
nomoto79 1 / 5  
hallo nehakhatri17,
i have read you writing, and i have some corrections

1. at this sentence : ... which gave me a deep understanding about per spective, composition , depth and color theories "

2. at this sentence: ... advertising and communication skills which gives me confidence"

thank you, wish it useful, keep writing.
OP nehakhatri17 1 / 2  
Thank you for your help i ll definitely correct them

Home / Graduate / 'First impression' - SOP for UX designer give some suggestions