Food distribution. Personal Statement; Master of Supply Chain Management for University of Melbourne

toledoylopez 1 / 2  
Hi guys, never done this before as we don't apply in my country. We are welcome to study so it's a new things for me. Please help! Appreciate all feedback.

PERSONAL STATEMENT

Please provide a personal statement of no more than 1000 words. The statement should describe your personal motivation to undertake further study and can include details of your personal circumstances as well as your life and work experiences. It should emphasise any aspect of your personal history that may enhance your application, including extracurricular activity, community involvement, relevant personal characteristics and any outstanding achievements.

To whom is may concern,

As a current Venue Manager in the hospitality industry, I'm looking to expand my knowledge in supply chain to allow me to move into the corporate world of logistics and food distribution. I had my first glance of operations in university and from then, it has always been my objective to dedicate myself full time to the supply chain management industry.

In university, I was able to be in touch with the logistics part of food processing and distribution. Once I started my first job in logistics at an e-commerce it was easy to transfer my skills into the retail business were products are non-perishable.

I was able to develop myself and become logistics supervisor while doing charity building settlements to overcome the situation of poverty in Argentina. We needed to build these settlements, in a third world country, in areas where there are no roads, no traffic lights, no infrastructure nor electricity access. We needed to organise an almost perfect distribution to build a home in a 2 or 3 days weekend.

Seeing first sight this level of extreme poverty and coming from a country were everyday kids die of famine, it has always been my ultimate goal to return my food knowledge into food access and distribution.

My bachelor's in Gastronomy, the study of the relationship between food and culture, gave me an understanding of the food industry. From raw material to ultra-processed products, it became my whole professional life to comprehend how we have enough food for the population but we still suffer from hunger. Definitely COVID 19 was the culmination of this personal concern where supermarket shelfs were empty but only because of our own malpractice in supply chain distribution.

I believe with my years in hospitality, dealing with suppliers, farmers, staff shortage, lack of distribution and always working in remote areas, this course will allow me to enhance my knowledge and training needed to fully immerse into the supply chain world.

The reason for choosing the University of Melbourne came after thorough investigation, where I searched for the best courses in the world, but what ended making the final choice, was the online approach. I know If I continue living in regional Australia and start my masters, I can bring all this knowledge and apply it where is most needed. It not only came as one of the top universities for the course but also gives me the liberty to actively implement the new information in the present days. Melbourne University has a sustainable approach that It is in symbiosis with my personal beliefs. I hope with my masters I can find better, faster and innovative ways to continue helping in the food distribution but in a more efficient and eco-friendly way.

Kind Regards
Consider revising the content of the essay to reflect upon how supply chain management affects you on a personal basis and how this has altered your relationship with your community. A personal statement based on the prompt provided needs to balance an introduction to your personal background and how your community and work experiences led to your interest in supply chain management. Allow the screener to get to know you to the full extent that you are comfortable with. This is your only chance to introduce your personality and personal background in relation to everything concerned. Use it properly.

Avoid referencing University rankings as one of the major factors that influenced your university choice. Screener and adcom tend to frown upon that since they do not consider their university ranking as a major reason for a student to choose their school.

Home / Graduate / Food distribution. Personal Statement; Master of Supply Chain Management for University of Melbourne