Letter format essay for law school

pcvrz34g 22 / 117  
I just have a question in regards to my law school app essay.

I interned at a law firm back when I was in high school six years ago, and I've really lived out my dream and I'm finally applying for law school. I was thinking about making my app essay into a letter format directed to the lawyer I used to work with, coming back six years later to tell him i made it this far and how i have came along the way for the past six years along with how my intern was a spark for me... do you think thats too risky? is it better to stay in essay format?
Hi Julia. in response to your query, it is always best to stick to the professional / academic essay app format unless otherwise specified. These common app essays normally indicate the kind of format that the essay should take. If it should be a letter to your future self, a letter to someone else, or if it is just a straightforward essay application. That said, I don't advise you to let go of this idea for a future application essay though. You may come across a university that allows for "free form" or open topic essays. If you should come across one of those, you will definitely be able to use the letter to the lawyer you interned for 6 years ago. In fact, keep all your essay ideas handy, you never know what one of your applications just might allow you to use it.

Home / Graduate / Letter format essay for law school