"From France to the US to study" - Muskie application essay

aneta_gab 3 / 5  
Why you want and need to Study in the US at the graduate level and how you hope to contribute to your country's democratic and economic development? not exceed 1000 words.

essay is 773 word

Crash of Soviet Union, Civil war, loss of Abkhazian Region and thousands homeless IDP s-was a Georgian reality of ninetieth. Reality-where I grew. Studying at school and preparing my homework lighting a candle I knew that I want some positive changes. " I decide- to continue my study and become active , became if necessary the engine for future changes." This is a sentence from my old notebook.,dated 1997.

When I decided to go to USA for graduate level it was surprise and wonder for everyone who knows me. Fluently in French language, with working and living experience in France

I argue that only US education could give me the key to achieve my career goal- Develop and strength the new vision of democratic, stable, peaceful Georgia; Today this Ex Soviet union country became one of the strategic and successful partners of USA.

After the 2003 Rose Revolution in Georgia , which " The Economist of London "characterized as Georgia's " mental revolution"- Georgia tasted a freedom and I discover the new leaders, with US degrees- who knows what does it mean democracy and human rights. They really motivated me.

At the end of 2003 I started my first job with International organization IREX at the IATP program as an assistant of Administrator. It was my first close meeting with American manner of thinking, decision making and approach. My journalism background help in my work and facilitate communication with partners and with Alumni's of exchanged program . with Alumni club, which was created at 2004 in Kutaisi I was involved as a trainer at their projects. This way I continue promoting the democratic values, human rights, gender equalities, religion and ethnical tolerance. Being in Georgia ,but with US educated Alumni's I played important role in the changing process. Revolution and reforms aren't the action of 1 day - it's became a style of life- and a permanent process.

After the war 2008,interesting in cultural , political and peace issues I continue practical work with United Nations High Commission for Refugee(UNHCR) at the field office. It was the unique and very important experience in my career. I saw the victims of the war, I saw thousands homeless and damaged people .It was not difficult to understand that - our humanitarian assistance and protection program were useful , but the most important is to remain stability and peace in the region.

I strongly believe, that at this stage of my life I have sufficient work experience with International Organization and valuable ability to achieve a goals. With my motivation, practical work experience , communication and personal skills I can play important role in future development of my country. To achieve this goal I need a fundamental, high quality theoretical education. I need education in the country which is a best example of democracy and economical development, collaboration and networking. Country which has a tradition to grow up a network of motivated leaders who are ready for new challenges.

For me USA is a model- how motivated and educated people could achieve a goals, could build a tolerance and active society, with democratic values, with sense of responsibility and taste of freedom. How different cultures, religion, ethnic and history could live together and be proud that they are Americans. Living in multinational, multicultural, multi ethnical society is a unique experience of life; in the city we are representative of our families, in a country we are the representatives of our town/village/or city, but abroad-we are the face of our culture, values and style of life. I will show to my colleagues how interesting and attractive part of the world is a Georgia, which economic and political perspective we have collaborating and sharing the knowledge. During the year in US university - I'll have a chance not only learn and share experience but meet future young leaders from different countries ,discover the new culture and new tradition.

Today Georgia is under the way of transition to the democracy .We have sufficient achievements in anticorruption strategy and reforms; Georgia is ranked by the World bank as a number 8 for the easy of doing business in the world. Beside this we have many things to change. And I want to play my role in building of democratic society- not only with a US degree , but with a new way of thinking, motivation , readiness of changing. Achieving new challenges by creating a network and support sustainable development and peaceful resolution of conflicts.
You are impressive! Your English needs a lot of improvement, so I hope you practice typing every sentence ten times the correct way.

The crash of Soviet Union, Civil war, loss of Abkhazian Region and thousands homeless IDPs -- was the Georgian reality where I grew.

Studying at school and preparing my homework after lighting a candle, I knew that I wanted some positive changes.

"I decide -- to continue my study and become active, becoming if necessary the engine for future changes." This is a sentence from my old notebook.,dated 1997.---This sentence is excellent and does not need any changes except for the word "becoming."

Fluently in the French language, with working and living experience in France, I am able to understand _________ _ ____ _ _______ _____. (complete the sentence)

My journalism background helps in my work and facilitates communication with partners and with Alumni's of exchanged program. With Alumni club, which was created at 2004 in Kutaisi, I was involved as a trainer at their projects. ----good sentence!!

This way I continue promoting the democratic values, human rights, gender equalities, religion and ethnical tolerance of diversity.

I need education in the country which is a the best example of democracy and economical development, collaboration and networking. This country has a tradition of growing a network of motivated leaders who are ready for new challenges.

It is better to write United States. It is a better word. If you want to use the acronym, use periods. U.S.A.

This is the best part:
And I want to play my role in building of democratic society- not only with a US degree , but with a new way of thinking, motivation , readiness for changing. I want to achieve new challenges successes by creating a network of collaboration and supporting sustainable development and peaceful resolution of conflicts.

I hope you get to make this contribution you describe, whether it is in 2014 or 2050... you'll do it!

Home / Graduate / "From France to the US to study" - Muskie application essay