Future Research Interests Statement- For PhD in Biology

lady 1 / -  
Hey everyone!
I am applying to PhD program in biology, and I need to write a short passage about my "Future Research Interests". What do you think???

Thank you :-)

I am interesting in research in several fields in biology. My major interests are cellular and molecular biology, and especially genetics. These topics interested me a lot because they are very promising and revolutionary fields. I believe that study of genetics (and human genetics in particular), could be one of the most important accomplishments for scientists in scientific history. Personally, I would like to be involved in research about gene regulation and the involvement of genes in development of human diseases.

To succeed in PhD program I will rely on my educational background in biology, my experience and past researches. I believe that my passion, creativity and the ability to work independently as well as in group are the traits which will help me to become a successful researcher.

I would like to join the biology department at XXX University primarily due to its interdisciplinary nature of studies and wide of research areas available. Graduate study at XXX University will give me an opportunity to pursue my interests in molecular biology and genetics through interdisciplinary approaches. It will allow me to interact with students and researchers with diverse educational backgrounds and interests. I look forward to enhancing my skills and knowledge through working in the research environment in the biology department.

In the future, I would like to be involved in research in academic or industrial settings. Finally, I would like also be involved in academic teaching of future generations of researches by sharing my knowledge and findings. Also I would like to share my knowledge and findings with future generations of researches by teaching.
jahyun 1 / 1  
I am interested in researching several fields of biology. I am particularly interested in cellular and molecular biology, and genetics. These topics have triggered my interest because they are very promising and revolutionary fields. I believe that genetics (especially human genetics) could be one of the most important accomplishments for scientists. I personally would like to be involved in research that focuses on the gene regulation and the involvement of genes in the development of human diseases.

To succeed in a PhD program, I will rely on my educational background in biology and my experience in past researches. I believe that my passion, creativity and the ability to work independent as well as in groups are the qualities which will lead me to become a successful researcher.

I would like to join the biology department at XXX University primarily due to its interdisciplinary nature of studies and the wide research areas available. Graduate study at XXX University will give me an opportunity to pursue my interest in molecular biology and genetics through interdisciplinary approaches. It will allow me to interact with students and researchers with diverse educational backgrounds and interests. I look forward to enhancing my skills and knowledge through working in a research environment in the biology department.

In the future, I hope to be involved in a research setting in an academic or industrial institution, sharing my knowledge and findings with future generation of researchers.

------------
I think your passage clearly describes why you are interested in these fields in biology. Perhaps it may be better if you mention what kinds of skills and knowledge you will gain from the research experience. why did you think genetics is a promising and revolutionary field? did you read a news article regarding genetics or something? it will be much more persuasive if you write more specifically. :)

hope this helps
will give me an opportunity to pursue my interest in molecular biology and genetics through interdisciplinary approaches. It will allow me to interact with students and researchers with diverse educational backgrounds and interests. I look forward to enhancing my skills and knowledge through working in a research environment in the biology department.

I think you should add some specific concepts. These sentences above do not actually express any unique concept. I want you to surprise the reader with one or two unique, memorable concepts. Drop some unforgettable concepts in the reader's lap. Share some concepts from an article or book you recently have been studying. Interest the reader.

Okay, lady, let's identify the mistakes so you can correct them. Type the essay again the correct way... oh, actually I see that JahYun Kim already fixed the small errors you made.

Okay, meditate on this and try to add some excellent concepts.

Home / Graduate / Future Research Interests Statement- For PhD in Biology