'global communications and interdependent economies' (Business and finance admission)

taryoh 1 / 1  
For graduate admission-Msc (International business and finance)

Who would have thought someone who had been a science student in her secondary school days could end up in the management session. I have always loved economics despite d fact that I was a science student. It always intrigues me to learn about everyday happenings, what we can see and learn from rather than imagining what happens or making inferences. Physics did bore me a lot because I had problems understanding the essence of making sure all pins are arranged in a straight line for experiments on reflection.

I wanted something ​I could understand the effect on the economy, and if possible express in monetary terms.

Money is one of the topics in Economics that interested me the most because while I was much younger I had always wondered how papers and coins affected people and the economy so much. I would say now I do understand because I decided to study Agric Economics in my undergraduate days. Agric Economics is a blend of both subjects which gave me in insight to why we have problems managing our farmlands and other plantations and the effects on d economy as a whole. Agricultural Finance was another module that shed light on how agric has been financed over the years and all the hurdles faced by the farmers. The effect of these too on the exports of essential crops that improved the wealth of the economy.

All of this solidified and reinforced my interest in area of finance so I enrolled as a student of the Institute Of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria. Been a student here has helped me understand basic concepts on taxation, costing techniques and quantitative analysis, business communication and research methodology, fundamentals of financial accounting and some aspects on audit and assurance. Although am still a student there, but I have found every class very fundamental and interesting.

In an era of instant global communications and interdependent economies and dramatic international political development, an understanding of the underlying economic, social and political forces is critical.

International business and finance would be an extension of what I have learnt and would also help further understand concepts of multinational financial management and impact of foreign exchange on cashflow.It would also help to identify cultural, economic and social influences in the international business arena, crosscultural issues and key factors in import/export businesses. It would also improve my knowledge of how financial markets can be leveraged by multinational corporations seeking to exploit international business opportunities and also the competitive and investment climate.

I am highly aware of the superb reputation of your school, and my conversations with several of your alumni have served to deepen my interest in attending. I hope you will give me the privilege of continuing my studies at your fine institution.
Who would have thought someone who had been a science student in her secondary school days could end up in the management session.----------------- Say this differently because there are many high school science students end up with management studies and truly speaking, I'm one of them.... so it is not something that can happen very rarely.

I have always loved economics despite dthe fact that I was a science student.

It always intrigues me to learn about everyday happenings, what we can see and learn from (what? life? environment? ...) rather than imagining what happens or making inferences.
OP taryoh 1 / 1  
Thank you very much. Would make the necessary corrections.

Home / Graduate / 'global communications and interdependent economies' (Business and finance admission)