Goals to implement; being professional means being successful

lukme 2 / 5  

Future plan in Korea or another country after study in Korea

Since I would like to be an employee at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs one of my short time goals is to get master's degree at Kookmin University. Graduate schools of KU will provide me the prospect to fully immerse myself in the sphere of international relations.

The most significant reasons to go to graduate school are more for the professional skills I will gain, the personal development I will undergo and the valuable connections I will make with fellow graduate students, academics and locals. I am a kind of a person who wants to contribute to the world's and Malaysian-Korean relationship's development. That is why I would like to have knowledge of my subject inside-out.

Getting a master degree through KGSP program will possibly brighten my future. I want to be a competitive employee with excellent academic background and wide worldview. Besides getting skilled academically, studying abroad is significant for a future diplomat. My future goal is to enhance economic, cultural and foreign ties between Malaysia and Korea tightly. Korea can be a good role model for Malaysia in terms of economic development and expanding impact on close related areas. I believe that Asian states should work closely with each other in order to get beneficial results.

The primary aim of the desired department is to educate students in the basic theories and practices of politics, both domestic and international, so as to prepare them to take on leading positions and roles in the public sector.

As well as being a hard studying학생 I am eager to be an active participant of extracurricular activities such as being a member of student council or diverse clubs where I can demonstrate myself as a unique personality and an open-minded Malaysian girl.

I will make it a priority to make Korean friends in order to help me practice my written and spoken Korean skills as well as and the leader to keep in touch in future.

Pursuing my graduate studies my desire is to ensure that I could compete in today's market. Moreover, I want to be able to contribute to my field of study. To know what are my skills and interest and where my skills and interest match is the right sphere for considering my future goal. After getting my Master's degree my Professional aim is to acquire a spot in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Having a graduate degree will assist me in establishing career of diplomat as far as our Ministry requires master degree. It will be a pro for accepting me.

I feel that I am well armed to accomplish my dreams because of my positive attitude, commitment, and decisiveness. By following through with these plans I will have a successful, enjoyable life that will be rewarding in the long run.

Actually after graduation I am planning to return to my home country for serving in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. University which I am applying for are the strongest in terms of education. I am supposed to have great conditions for making my research without any obstacles and needs.
Ku, your post study plans are not presented in a very clear, accurate, or applicable manner. For a KGSP post study plan, your essay must cover the way that you plan to spend your time as a professional during the time that you will be in Korea after you graduate. Immediately after graduation, you must specify that you intend to find employment in Korea where you can practice what you have learned for a few years. This is a standard response that shows how you plan to pay back for the very supportive scholarship program that you were afforded by the Korean government. Add information about how you hope to use the practical learning experience to further develop the academic skills that you gained at the university. It is only after you have stayed in Korea for a relatively notable period, say 5 years, that you should mention your desire to return to your home country with the intention of completing the knowledge transfer that started for you when you first learned to speak Hangul and then completed your masters studies. Your current essay is confusing to read and does not present any of the applicable / required information to the reviewer.

This early, you should present information about how you plan to spend your professional time in Korea. Look up possible offices or companies where your masters degree might come in handy. Explain the kind of work you hope to do there and why you feel that working there will be good for your career once you return home.
okorobiadimma14 6 / 82 50  
Liyan, it would serve better in terms of reviewing your essay if you could post the prompt(s) exactly as it is in the scholarship form. It will assist me in evaluating if your essay answer's the prompt or not. Well, if the prompt on your post is similar to that of the form, I will proceed to giving a general review based on the content of your essay. To you, your essay contains nine paragraphs but to the rule of English grammar, it only has four paragraphs. A paragraph in English grammar must contain at least 3 sentences, otherwise it can not be referred to as one. Generally, essays contain 5 paragraphs: 1st paragraph contains the introduction, 2-4th paragraphs are the body of the essay, while the 5th paragraphs is the conclusion. I do hope that by now, you should have known the error in your essay based on what I have explained so far.

I am sorry to say that the future plan in your essay fails to properly answer the prompt. Your desire to be employed at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not a detailed and specific plan for a master's qualification holder. You should think of specific plan that relates to the course you studied. State this plan and how you intend to achieve it, comment on any obstacle that seemingly might affect the success of the plan, and how you intend to surmount the obstacle. Develop your paragraphs discussing such points in the form of a story. You have not really said anything in relation to your future plan. That is why your essay fails to answer the prompt.

While you major your plan on being an employee in a government agency, it makes me think: what if you are rejected. Does it mean that your future plan has ended. That is why a typical plan should be problem-solving based. It may be drawn from your past or present work experience, extracurricular activity, voluntary activity or other related adventures that would have direct or indirect link to the course you studied. I suggest that you make a trip down the memory lane and then come up with a stunning future plan. After this step, revised your essay while describing your new plan and then re-post the revised essay here.

I assure that we will see to it that your essay turns out fine.
OP lukme 2 / 5  
Hi, Mary Rose!
Thank you for your feedback. 5 days passed but I still do not come up with the idea how to write this essay. I know that I want to come back to my country and work in Ministry and then after some 10 years go back to Korea for working at the Embassy. However, at the ministry i want to work in the department of africa and asia where i can be a specialist in South Korea and assist in promoting relations between my state and Korea. Could you help is it okay if I will write the truth? plus, i can write my plan for 1 paragraph, but what should i write in 1 page? Could you give me approximate plan of essay. Thanks in advance
Here is the thing, you are writing a post study plan and yo have to be truthful about this plan.This is your career goal after graduation from the KGSP course of study. You are looking at a five year plan for your future. So think about your ultimate plan. What is the end goal of your studies or your final phase for your career? You say that your long term career plan is to work for the Department of Africa and Asia. That is fine. That is the 5 year career goal. So the question that remains is, how do you plan to achieve that ultimate career goal? After you graduate, what steps will you need to take? Where do you have to start working in order to finally be employed at that government agency? Is this something that you have to apply for directly after graduation?

Maybe it would be best if you gain work experience in other offices or agencies prior to your employment at the said department? What other agencies can be your stepping stone towards that agency? Indicate the steps or agencies that you have to work for first where you can build upon the knowledge that you gained in Korea before you are employed at the Department of Africa and Asia. You have to show a planned career progression in the essay. If possible, show how your joining the department will be benefited by your Korean training in say, project implementation. Perhaps you have a project in mind for your time employed at the agency that can be implemented with the help of the Korean government? A joint project is usually the most widely received and appreciated career plan / goal.

Now, it does not matter whether you actually get to work for the agency or not at this point. This is just a plan of action. It is not set in stone. Just like any other plans, it has room and time to change. All the reviewer needs to know, is that you have a career direction that relates to the course you will be studying in Korea. Nothing more, nothing less. This is just was the essay title says it is, a post study career goal.

Home / Graduate / Goals to implement; being professional means being successful