As a GOI-IES Scholar, how will you extend yourself beyond your project/studies

nabilah_hannan 4 / 8 2  

Applying for internship programs in Ireland

As a GOI-IES Scholar, how will you extend yourself beyond your project/studies to become actively involved in Irish society in order to maximize your academic/cultural exchange experience and raise awareness of the GOI-IES scheme in Ireland and beyond?

Firstly, I intend to do internship programs in Ireland to excel in Data Science and Analytics such as Dublin Internship Program. By doing the internship, I strongly believe it can help me be ready in the industry or real-projects. Ireland is home to the leading global Multinational Corporations where there are many giant technology companies such as Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Facebook and eBay.

Secondly, I will join badminton sport club which is good for my health and well being. Besides it, I can make friends with others member and if I am capable for competitions, I will greatly enjoy it.

Thirdly, I intend to join the Students Union where I can directly influence and organize events or societies. Besides it, by joining, Students Union, I certainly can participate in societies and communities in the university where I can meet new people, improve my expertise and interests, do volunteering and so on. By joining communities, I can connect to local, national and international communities and do some collaborative projects with the communities.

If I become an international student in Ireland, I intend to join the Indonesian Student Association in Ireland, where I can promote the GOI-IES mission objectives to my country such as through the Indonesian Students Association in Ireland 's social media empowerment in Instagram, Facebook, and the Indonesian Students Association in Ireland's website as a source of information and for information seekers studying in Ireland, then hold seminars of studying and scholarships in Ireland via online. By doing this, the interest of Indonesian students to study in Ireland is expected to increase and Ireland will be recognized by Indonesian people as a strategic studying destination. One of the Indonesian Students Association in Ireland's work program is to establish intensive communication with the Embassy of the Republic of Ireland in Jakarta as a means to strengthen relations with the Bureaucracy Governments of Indonesia and Ireland. If I am the recipient of this scholarship, of course I will be happy to be a speaker for the seminar of studying and scholarships in Ireland for others information seeker in Indonesia.

Can you please check and let me know if this sounds promising?
The most promising part of this essay is the last paragraph. Properly developed, it holds the most interesting method by which you plan to promote the GOE-IES scholarship in Indonesia during your time as a student in Ireland and upon your return to your home country. The second most effective method of promoting the scholarship is through the internship program. The sports club, not so much. So, if you decide to revise the essay, I would open with the Indonesian student association in Ireland. After you perfect that presentation, you can consider including the internship program, provide the internship program will tie-in with the student organization promotion aspect. Done properly, the combination of the two promotional ideas should make for a more interesting response to the prompt.

Home / Graduate / As a GOI-IES Scholar, how will you extend yourself beyond your project/studies