Grad Admission For Human development and Childhood Disorders

nancyg3412 1 / 1  
I am pursuing a graduate degree in Human Development and Childhood Disorders. The XX are for privacy. There was no limit on the length. Please suggest and correct as you like everything will help!!! THANK YOU!!

Many say that you have to work for things that are worth having; I would have to agree. Everything accomplished in my life thus far has been done with perseverance and endless determination. Looking up from the bottom of the ladder of success, it seems that the first step may not exactly be the most difficult. My undergrad education was among my most demanding journeys I have passed, yet my most remarkable. It was then that I realized the potential that I had to surpass obstacles and challenges; the true meaning of fighting for something worth truly accomplishing.

Away from my family and friends back home I learned that not everything is handed on a silver platter to you. Full-time work to pay for living costs, full-time, challenging course-load at XXX and extracurricular activities and research studies for school found itself to leave no room for idle behavior. I gained mind-set, experience and limitless skill that could have only been obtained by completing undergrad at XXX, and my strong desire to complete my degree on time only drove my ambition that much more. In my place, many would have not risen to the challenge, others would have possibly abandoned the path, however I feel grateful; my eventual success in obtaining my Child Learning and Development degree opened up a new thirst for the desire to continue my education until I reach my final purpose with abetting children.

For a child, discovering that there is going to be a new baby on the way is something of excitement and vast curiosity. A plethora of questions and concerns arise as to what this "new baby" actually means. Along with the perplexity of watching mother keep 'growing' over what seems a lifetime, and the uncontrollable happiness and turmoil that fills home; it's not surprising when they finally ask "Mommy, where do babies come from?" The development of life is something that we have admired and found of great mystery since childhood. We have dedicated decades of research and observation to the understanding of human development and have yet to only grasp the surface. The complex manner in which each human progresses mentally, physically and emotionally, uniquely throughout their lifespan, has for many ages had no comparable imitation. The complexities of human development are the foundation to our very existence; and yet, those same multifaceted stages can be the root and cause of ailment early on for a developing child. Disorder, syndrome, and condition- all words used to describe a person with a potentially irregular or abnormal development. It does not discriminate on gender, race or age. What happened in this particular course of development and what can we do in regards to it? How will these same abnormalities be prevented in the future? There are many questions left unanswered. This is why I am pursuing a degree for the graduate program of Human Development and Childhood Disorders with the University of XXXX. My passion for helping children has only continued to evolve as I gain knowledge about human development and how crucial the early development of a child can be for their lifetime.

My ultimate goal is to become a mentor or counselor whom which children of abnormal development and their families can look to for guidance and assistance. After receiving my master's degree for Human Development and Early Childhood Disorders, I plan to continue on still with a PhD program in which I can further my training and knowledge. I would like to continue research and education in order to assure my success for my final purpose. However, during this same time, once I have received my graduate degree I will begin to put my gained knowledge and skill acquired from the program to use. I will begin to work with children in this field, perhaps in a hospital setting, to gain further experience with working with the growth and learning of abnormally developing children. I am confident that with the education and aptitude achieved from the graduate program at XXX, I will be prepared to reach and succeed in my desire to assist children and perhaps our society to better comprehend human early development.
Looking up from the bottom of the ladder of success,---This is great!--- it seems that the first step may not exactly be the most difficult.

It was then that I realized the potential that I had to surpass obstacles and challenges; the true meaning of fighting for something truly worth accomplishing.

Full-time work to pay for living costs, and a full-time, ---no comma here--- challenging course-load at XXX and extracurricular activities and research studies for school found itself to leave ---me with no room for idle behavior.

We have dedicated decades of research and observation to the understanding of human development and have yet to only scratch the surface.

My ultimate goal is to become a mentor or counselor whom which children of abnormal development and their families can look to for guidance and assistance.

:)
OP nancyg3412 1 / 1  
thank you!!!!!, what was your overall opinion of the essay?

Home / Graduate / Grad Admission For Human development and Childhood Disorders