My grad essay for Molecular Biology

Agyshine16 1 / 2  

Molecular Biology graduation

I had no idea that food could be fatal until I watched a documentary about a girl who died after eating nuts owing to an allergy. I vowed I'd discover a way to avoid death from eating nuts, as I was heartbroken by the news. I was just 10 years old at the time, and I adored nuts, so it was upsetting. I pondered why nuts are so dangerous to some individuals and was determined to seek a remedy that would not cause other young girls to fear nuts. When I had to choose between science and art class, I intuitively knew what I wanted to become. I recall the majority of my classmates expressing their eagerness to become doctors, nurses, or engineers. What I aspired to be did not have a label; I simply desired to discover the origins of disease. Some of my lecturers advised me to get a degree in medicine at the university. Unfortunately when I wrote my JAMB for medicine, I did not make up. I had the option between studying biochemistry, microbiology, or anatomy. This time, I conducted my own research in order to make an informed decision. I chose biochemistry, and once I began university classes, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I desired to become a research scientist. I enjoyed the thrill of discovering how diseases affect the body system and how pharmaceuticals work to treat the sickness. I was captivated by the structure and function of the body, as well as the significant roles molecules play in ensuring optimal function. Unfortunately, I began to lose interest owing to the inadequate educational system and infrastructural deficiencies. In addition, there were no employment prospects available after graduation, nor were there any research laboratories in which to acquire skills. I made a vow to myself that if I ever get the chance to study abroad in a country where the educational system and infrastructures are in place, I will study biochemistry, get learning experience, and reclaim my childhood ambition.

My laboratory experience began in 2016 during my industrial placement. I was a laboratory analyst for the National Agency for food and drug administration. It was a thrilling experience, and I learned how to use a variety of apparatus, including the HPLC, calorimeter, Soxhlet extractor, and

Kjeldahl Apparatus. I learned numerous separation techniques, how to determine the concentration of a solution using titration, how to extract fats, etc. I toured every laboratory, including the drug laboratory, where I learned how to determine the active ingredient in a drug and how to evaluate drug absorption in the body. I also visited the microbiology laboratory and the mycotoxin laboratory. This was a formative experience since it applied everything learned in class to real-world situations. Due to unemployment, I volunteered as an intern at a pharmaceutical company following my graduation and mandatory NYSC service. I had the opportunity to learn about the production, packaging, and distribution of drugs. I also gained knowledge about the many regulatory agencies. I taught chemistry throughout my mandated NYSC service.

In 2020, while I was unemployed and still had not found a job, I decided to enroll in the. After that, I began reading about nutraceuticals, as I was fascinated by drugs, research, and development. I conducted some preliminary investigation on paw paws. I read a number of articles about the nutritional value of Carica Papaya. I desired to discover for myself the characteristics of ripe and unripe Carica Papaya. Therefore, I purchased the Carica Papaya and prepared samples for extraction and testing. I examined the presence of vitamins and antioxidants and created an article that was never published.

The following year, I felt it was time to take on a new position and acquire additional laboratory skills, so I volunteered at a clinical laboratory, where I learned how to culture bacteria and realized that different persons can be resistant to antibiotics. I realized the significance of biochemistry tests and the major roles that diagnostic biomarkers play in detecting the existence of various diseases. This was my experience in the sciences until I found a job as an administrative assistant at a special needs' agency, an opportunity that inspired me to volunteer with NGOs. I am currently a volunteer with ProjectAsha, an organization that empowers girls and women and provides for their basic needs...........
Is this supposed to be an application essay for medical school? The way the essay is written does not qualify it as a research or self-analysis paper. The writing approach is too informal and lacking in source material. Actually, there is no source material referenced which makes this a highly irregular grad essay. Since it is not completely developed at this point and no thesis or prompt was provided for my reference, it is not possible to give you an accurate review of this paper. It is taking way too long for the essay to get to the Molecular Biology point. It is not, in my opinion, developing along the correct line of discussion.
crlian 1 / 5  
Have you noticed if there are any topics to be answered in the instructions on the page of this application? It will help you get a guide to what to write. When it comes to vacancies in the area of health, you have to be very careful when presenting motivations that led you to this course, because if it seems shallow, it will not bring reliability.
OP Agyshine16 1 / 2  
It's actually a personal statement for MSc Molecular Biology. I needed to explain my interest this way because I am currently not working in the field due to unemployment in my country. I had to take jobs that required any degree. Jobs like administrative assistant, executive assistant e.t.c. I want to pursue further studies in Biological sciences because I love it and I studied it for my undergraduate. I am not done with the personal statement yet, I'll post the complete one for review when I am done. Thanks for the tips
OP Agyshine16 1 / 2  
Also, I wrote it in the medical context because I am fascinated with clinical biochemistry and genetics. The hint there is to become a clinical research scientist. I want to do research and discover drugs for various ailments and as well, knowing more about genetic disorders and the novel approaches taken to cure these diseases. I want to deeply understand how nucleic acids and proteins interacts in the cell. I want to see if I can fix metabolic(inborn errors). I am very curious about a lot of things. Also, working in the laboratory is more exciting for me than my present office (Business operations manager).

Home / Graduate / My grad essay for Molecular Biology