'graduates in bioinformatics field' - statement of purpose for MS in Bioinformatics

nalomran 1 / -  
Hello everyone,
I need my statement of purpose to be looked at and to be corrected. Also, is such statement of purpose good enough to admit me in high-ranked universities in the U.S?

Thanks a lot.

I started to work towards my ambition of higher studies when I successfully completed my graduate studies with an excellent academic record with above average grades. Now, I am very keenly interested in pursuing a career towards a Master of Science degree in Bioinformatics (BI) from [PLEASE WRITE THE NAME OF THE PARTICULAR UNIVERSITY], USA and later a PhD degree in the same discipline. In my opinion, I am very suitable for the said program keeping in view my abilities, qualities, capabilities, potentials, enthusiasm, dynamic personality, coping with the challenges, excellent curricular performance, educational background, study interests, aptitude, and the advantages of the proposed field as described in the lines to follow with a greater detail.

From the very beginning, I was very curious about the phenomena of nature taking place in the field of bio-informatics and often thought that how the principles of biology and information processing can be fused together to serve the mankind? Hence, my intimacy with the field is obvious. Research in this area has always fascinated me and a Master degree essentially followed by a PhD will certainly provide a very strong base to fulfill my ambition as well as to serve the humanity.

I already have a very strong aptitude for master degree in BI as was expressed during my presentations in the class and my way of addressing to the people and expressing my point of views. In addition to computer hardware and software courses, I have also studied a number of courses related to bioinformatics and computer in my graduate study and possess well equipped research skills learned through the classroom assignments and projects. So, I think, admission in the said program will provide me a multitude of opportunities to have a broad, solid perspective on the various processes and stages involved in the human body and other related processes that are directly or indirectly related to human' health.. For instance, what factors are involved in the successful processing of the information gained from the signals of the human body such as ECG, current waves in the veins etc and judging the human's health conditions? How, why, and when it is necessary to have full command of the principles of bioinformatics and apply them in the current modern era? How ways, techniques, and strategies could be adapted to develop a bioinformatics' system that will guarantee achieving the objectives, skills, and techniques to produce successful results in serving the humanity.

In the modern technologically advanced era where computer and Internet have played a great role in bridging the people and organizations through information sharing, it has become possible to capture world market, economy, trade, commerce, and business opportunities. In this context the program of bioinformatics can be regarded as an investment in the future for producing fertile mind that would be able to cope with the future challenges. Hence, there is a great need for experts in bioinformatics not only at lower levels but at the University level as well. I may be given a responsibility to serve as an expert in a special area or offer an oversight of the entire rules and regulations upon which the foundation of research organization or hospitals depend, or I might be the person who can talk about delicate and minute matters about leading to more bioinformatics solutions in the whole world. Furthermore, the knowledge of bioinformatics can be successfully deployed for establishing business, commerce, cultural, and industrial ties among countries. A graduate Master degree in this field will certainly provide me the caliber to cope with these challenges and to work for the betterment of my country in particular and the world in general.

A Master degree in bioinformatics will provide me avant-garde research facilities, and a multicultural student community life. The prestigious foreign universities, especially of the USA, are regarded as sources of great knowledge and learning in my home country and students graduating from them are honored to an appreciable extent by the employers in my homeland compared to the local graduates. The top-ranked positions in every organization are almost occupied by foreign qualified graduates, specifically from USA. The said school serves like a home to internationally renowned research and teaching projects jointly conducted with a number of partner Universities around the globe, in different disciplines of bioinformatics. Being a student at this University, I will become member of a student body that ranges in thousands from Canada, USA, Asia, Europe and overseas, forming an amazing multicultural environment.

My plans and professional objectives are very clear and I want to make them colorful through continuous and ceaseless efforts, struggle, and hard work with full concentration, enthusiasm, and determination. I want to be a high profile researcher in the field of bioinformatics, specifically detecting, sensing, and extracting the information carried by the electrical signals within the body is an area of research that had always fascinated me and that I want to explore with my research if I am given a chance in said Master program of the George Mason University. I will pursue a career in PhD degree after the successful completion of this program. I possess a very strong determination to be a University professor as well as a known researcher in the field of bioinformatics on international level. This is only possible be first doing a Master degree followed by a PhD in this discipline. In this context, my interest in the Master program is just an initial step that I want to take from a well established and standard University like the George Mason University.

As far as my professional and individual qualities are concerned, I have very dynamic personality. I can work persistently for a very long time unless I cope with the problems and find the solutions. Once I set the goals, I believe in the "do or die" concept to accomplish them. Another quality and potential of mine is that I never disappoint no matter how tough and stringent conditions I face. Persistency, consistency, continuity, optimism, positivity, the ability to focus, setting strategies and rushing towards their accomplishments are the traits of my personality that I think are my real weapons to be an excellent researcher and I am pretty much hopeful that I would be if I am given a chance in this University.

The most likely employment opportunities for graduates in bioinformatics range from a number of medical organizations and institutions, Universities, research organizations, as well as a freelance consultant in the entire world.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Hi :) I have a few suggestions to fix or change your grammar, many of your sentences are far too long. I hope this helps :)

In my opinion, I am very suitable (qualified?) for the saiddegree program.keeping in viewI have themyabilityqualities, capabilities,and potential , along with enthusiasm, and a dynamic personality.I can cope with the challenges and have excellent curricular performance, educational background, study interests, and aptitude.andT he advantages of the proposed field as described in the lines to follow with a greater detail.are infinite, and I will explain this with great detail.

HowWhat ways, techniques a nd strategies could be adopted to develop a bioinformatics' system that will guarantee achieving the objectives, skills, and techniques to produce successful results in serving the humanity.

I already have a very strong aptitude for a master degree in BI,asand it was expressed during my presentations into the class, and my way of addressing tothe people and expressing my point of views.my viewpoint to my classmates.

Home / Graduate / 'graduates in bioinformatics field' - statement of purpose for MS in Bioinformatics