After graduation, I will be involved in the Hospitality industry. Post study plan. MBA. Glion (GIHE)

ruslan 1 / -  
Could anybody please check it out and tell me how could I improve it? Thanks in advance!

After graduation, I will return to Azerbaijan and be involved in the Hospitality industry. I am aimed not to continue my career in F&B department, but change it to Marketing department. I will be able to market and promote the hotel as well as the F&B outlets, having knowledge of restaurant business and implementing it in such a way to maximize the hotel's profit and image.

I have already been doing it since I started working in the fine-dining restaurant in Fairmont Baku: I know what, how and to whom to sell a dish, even explaining why they need to have it and upselling at least a glass of wine for each guest. There are many approaches to interact with them, but the basic rules work all the time. For instance, the first impression about the restaurant and its ambiance is always vital, despite the popular belief that it is misleading. Thus, if the first impression is bad, it can hardly be restored using those complimentary tricks. Besides that selling skill, I am a creative, hardworking, sociable, straightforward and punctual person. Working with guests, I also love to hold trainings like coffee-training, guest-serving-training etc. I am willing to teach new employees and open to learn something new from them. That is what I learned within a year in that restaurant and I believe that a year in GIHE will be just enough to learn new things and expand my knowledge on the things I already know to integrate effectively to the Marketing field.

Tourism and Hospitality industries in Azerbaijan are growing in geometric progression. As demand for brand hotels increases, supply goes along with it. With that said, in a few years such hotels as Fairmont, Four Seasons, Hilton, Jumeirah, JW Marriott and others were opened and many hotels are under construction. Therefore, after graduating I will have a very large spectrum of hotels to work in where that palette of knowledge could be implemented.

Another aspect to pay attention to after graduation is GIHE's Alumni Association that has more than 11000 members from all over the world. I would like to keep in touch with the students I am going to study with, share experiences and make business with them as well. Moreover, I would love to encourage students in my country to study in Glion, and assist them in each and every way.

At the end I want to emphasize, I will leave Switzerland after graduation.
Your post study plan is not unique in its approach. You are basically telling the admissions officer about plans that almost all other applicants will be saying. What the essay needs is a post graduation plan that will stand out from the rest of the applicants. Try to create a career progression plan for yourself. One that starts with working as an employee in the hospitality industry, gaining work experience that will enhance your professional profile alongside your academic training, then end it with a broad ambition statement. How do you see yourself reshaping or injecting a new sense of vitality into your F&B, HRM community? Try to think forward 5-10 years. Maybe you have plans for a new kind of hotel service, food service, etc. that could be a new standard in the hospitality industry? Relate those plans and how you plan on achieving it. That is the kind of plan that normally stands out for these applications.

Home / Graduate / After graduation, I will be involved in the Hospitality industry. Post study plan. MBA. Glion (GIHE)